Chapter 17: Ride or Die

I watched the latest episode of The 100 today. They killed someone off. I can't believe it. I'm at a loss for words and I really don't want to think about it so here's another chapter. Please no spoilers for the show in the reviews..

Chapter 17: Ride or Die

Clarke's P.O.V (4am):

I didn't know how long I had been asleep for but I slowly opened my eyes taking in my surroundings. My head was resting on Octavias shoulder, who was resting her head on Lincolns and there was something warm and kind of heavy on my lap. I was sitting in the back of the Charger, which was moving slowly along the rough terrain of wherever the hell we were. The low hum of the engine and the ground rocking us back and forth was almost soothing enough to put me back to sleep. I lifted my head off of Octavia's shoulder and looked down to see Warin laying across me and Octavia's laps. His head was resting on me and it caused me to smile at how peaceful he looked. I gave one of his ears a gentle scratch before holding up my watch to see the time: 4:05am. I turned around to look out of the back window to be greeted by the bright lights on the roof of the buggy right behind us. I squinted to see who was driving and could faintly make out that it was Kane. I turned back around and peered to the front of the car. The dim light from the screen in the middle of the dashboard was enough to light up the darkness of the car's cabin. I squinted my eyes to see what the words said on the screen: 'No bluetooth device connected'. I turned my gaze to the right. Murphy was curled up in the front seat with his head resting on the door and his hand cradling his wounded arm. His pistol was sitting in the cupholder. I moved my head so I could see Raven. She looked exhausted, but at the same time happy as ever to be finally driving a car. She had both hands on the steering wheel and glanced over at Murphy with a smile, which is when she saw me.

"Mornin' sleepy head." She said quietly and in a very tired voice. She gave me a small smile and then turned her attention back to what was in front of us.

"Hey." I replied in an equally quiet voice with a smile. "You look exhausted, Raven. We should switch off."

"You don't know how to drive though."

"Just tell me what to do. I'll figure it out." I stated and she gave me a small smile.

"I'll survive for now. When the sun comes up I'll switch off but while it's still dark out I'd prefer to take over."

"If you say so." I laid my head back onto the seat and pet Warin as I stared out the window. We weren't going fast, which made sense since this car was clearly not built to go offroad. From what I could make out in the pitchblack morning we were still in the desert but the ground was much flatter and harder than when we first left the Wasteland.

"Argh" I heard Murphy from the front, his head moved from the door to his seat.

"What the hell was that?" I asked and Raven just chuckled.

"I have no clue. He's been doing it all night." She reached over and placed her hand on his cheek rubbing small circles on his cheekbone with her thumb. I could make out a smile forming on his lips at her touch. It was sweet. My mind shifted to Bellamy now. I didn't even know if he was okay yet. The last time I saw him was when he was standing up in the buggy and taking shots at the rogue army. He could have been hit by an arrow or spear and just tended to it himself which he might not have done properly which could lead to an infection which cou-

"Clarke, you okay?" Raven asked, looking at me through the rearview mirror with concerned eyes. Probably seeing the worry on my face. Both her hands were back on the steering wheel now. I met her gaze in the mirror.

"Yeah. Just.. worried."

"Well that's nothing new." She gave me a smile which I returned and then turned her glance back down to focus on driving. "As for now.. We got nothing to worry about. Just relax for once Griffin. You deserve it." I smiled at that, even though I didn't agree with her.