Chapter 18: Stay Frosty

Hello everyone.. I know it's been a long time and I don't blame you if some of you wonderful readers have moved on from this story. I took a very long leave of absence. First it was writer's block and then it was just.. well.. life. I started college and I've just been trying to get through it. As well as spend time with my girlfriend. I can PROMISE you I am not finished with this story. In fact, the whole time I didn't have my hands on a keyboard writing it I was thinking about all the things I can do with it! Everyday I told myself I would continue this story and I FINALLY am! Thank you for your constant support and OVER 100 FOLLOWERS WHAT!??!?!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

This chapter is a lot of talking but that's to further explain EXACTLY where they are on their journey. Hope you enjoy it! Next chapter will be FULL of action.

Without further ado. Here is chapter 18 of AT :)

Chapter 18: Stay Frosty

Murphy's P.O.V (1:08pm):

Two days, two tanks of gas, and one tired Murphy later.. We're finally here. Standing in front of a welcome sign, or at least, what used to be a sign to our next destination: Columbus, Ohio. Or as the sign states: "umbus Oh" ... Yeah that sign has definitely seen better days.. Behind the sign was the forest that Clarke mentioned and drew on her map. There weren't many leaves on the trees but the trees themselves were HUGE. But it was kiiinnddaa missing one major aspect of her drawing..

"Where's all the snow you guys were talking about?" Jasper asked with his arms spread out in confusion. Lincoln turned his attention from a conversation with Bellamy and Kane to the tall, skinny, rehabilitating, stoner/ex alcoholic.

"Don't you worry, you'll see lots of snow soon.. don't underestimate that." After he said that Jasper looked like he was about to pass out or shit himself.. or both.. Bellamy spoke up now loud enough for us all to hear.

"Which is why we should get a move on.. and quickly. Raven, do you know if the car can make it up that hill into the forest?" He nodded his head over to a slight hill in the distance. There weren't as many trees and it almost looked like there was some sort of path cleared. I didn't think much of it.

"I'll make it work." she said after analyzing the path. "I'm not leaving Crow all alone."

"Crow?" I asked, with a raised eyebrow and smirk. She rolled her eyes at that and playfully shoved me away.

"Yes. I named the Charger. She's my new favorite gal." I chuckled at that. "What? You tryna fight?" She asked jokingly.

"Oh, you think you can take me Reyes?" I asked.

"Oh totally." She answered almost a little too fast. Then she smirked, making my heart leap out of my chest. Like guys it felt like it literally blasted through my damn shirt. I have never felt this way.. ever. Is it love? Better not be.

Clarkes voice yanked me from my thoughts,

"Alright, we should all probably get moving. Are you guys ready?" She asked as her eyes made it over the whole group.

"The buggy's battery has about 45% battery left before it needs a recharge." Monty said, we all waited for him to say if that was good or bad.. y'know.. hopefully in English and not in nerd. I like Monty. I really do, I would never lie about liking someone.. trust me. But I just wish he would elaborate more is all. He seemed to notice the 9 pairs of eyes staring at him. "Yes, we're ready to go. We can make a good distance before sunset."

"Jeez, why didn't you just say that?" Octavia asked. Lincoln spoke now, in a tone that didn't sound too much like the voice of a strong, brave, grounder-man.