Chapter 6: The Beginning

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! If you are make sure to show me by leaving a follow/favorite or, especially, a review! I answer reviews!

Chapter 6: The Beginning

Clarke's P.O.V (almost 8am):

My plan was going just as, well, planned until my mom brought up the fact that Kane has to come with us. I didn't fight it because, knowing my mom, if I did she would find it extremely superficial. I simply nodded with a tight smile and walked out of the room before she changed her mind about everything else. As soon as I shut the door I leaned my back up against the wall and sighed. Partly because of relief and partly because of guilt. I lied to my mom. Yes, I can just tell myself that she lied to me first and let me think Wells was the ultimate cause of my father's demise but.. It still wouldn't make it right. As far as Kane goes, for the first time in a while, I'm completely and utterly stumped. If I so much as talk to him about not coming he would go straight to my mother and we would be stuck here. Not to mention mom would send soldiers out to find this made up 'sanctuary that Mount Weather found'. If we just let him come with us he'd eventually figure out we lied to them and then he'd be stuck with us, and as much as Kane has done to help hurt people, he doesn't deserve that. I'd have to talk to the rest of the group about the Kane situation. Maybe one of them would have an idea as to what we can do. As I walked out the station into the, now, warmer breeze I saw Bellamy. The all too familiar face that I have become very happy to see. More than not my heart tends to skip a beat whenever I see him. This time is no exception.

"So.. How'd it go?" He asked as he turned around to walk next to me.

"Fine." Was all I said. He stopped walking.

"Clarke, I know something's wrong." He stated seeming to read my mind.

"Everything went perfectly to plan.. She agreed to let me go as well as take you guys with me.. Until the very end." I finally looked up into his concerned eyes, he was squinting a little bit at the bright sun behind me. "She won't let us go unless Kane goes with us." I tried to get a read on any sort of expression out of him but he just looked down, seemingly at my lips, and then back up to my eyes.

"Let him."

"What? But Bellamy once he finds out he would never-" He took my hand and led me a little further from the tents.

"I think this." He said, digging through his jacket pocket. "Will change his mind." He pulled out a piece of paper. Once he handed it to me I noticed it was a postcard of sorts. It showed a city with the words 'Calgary' in the top left corner of it.

"What's this?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the pretty city skyline.

"It's a city Princess." I gave him a sarcastic 'really now?' look and he smirked then went back to being serious, as he always does. "Lincoln says that this city was in a 'safe zone' from the bombs. That it's, for the most part, still standing. Obviously it hasn't been taken care of and probably felt some impact from the bombs but.. If it's there, Clarke.. We could live in a city, like our ancestors, in just a month's walk."

Once he finished telling me about this impossible sounding city I was at a loss of words. I didn't want to get my hopes up but if it was there, I mean really there, we would all grow up in the shadows of tall buildings and walk on sidewalks. But, alast, it seemed too good to be true.

"This place, Bellamy. It seems.. Way too good to be true." I saw his face of excitement change to one of defeat and it hurt to watch. "Even if it was really there.. I guarantee there would be people already there and, with a place looking like this, they would not be willing to share." He picked his head up from staring at the ground and curved his mouth like he was ready for me to say that.