"I, my friend, I am the uncle, the protector, and the promoter of the fucking thing, right there, in whose shadow nothing good nothing godly will ever fucking grow. That there, right, is the southern counties welterweight champion. He is of mixed religion therefore he is godless. He was adopted by satan himself before he was returned out of fear of his awkwardness. But he's impossible to marry off due to his lethal dimensions. His mother, terrified, just fucking abandoned him. And there he is, stood before you like the first of some brand new fucking species." Alfie says making me laugh and all heads turns to me.

"I'm sorry." I say still laughing. "Watchta laughing at darling?" Alfie questions. "You know, after all these years of knowing you Alfie, I thought I'd be used to the bollocks that comes out of your mouth. Turns out, I'm not." I say as Tommy smirks and Alfie rolls his eyes at me.

"Now, do you offer your son to this beast?" Alfie asks Aberama who looks at Bonnie. "Name the day, Mr Shelby." Bonnie says confidently.

******

"Now who in this place don't you have wrapped around your finger, darling?" Alfie asks me. "I don't know what you mean." I shrug. "The Shelby's, that Peaky boy Isaiah, the other peaky boys. The two gypsies in there." Alfie says. "Bonnie and Aberama? You're having a laugh." I roll my eyes.

"Isaiah might have something to worry about with that lad." He says making me laugh. "Okay, I'm not with Isaiah. Think you might have hit your head, Alfie." I joke. "I'm being serious. Eyeing you like a nonce in a nursery." Alfie says making me chuckle. "You've got some weird sayings. And I think you've definitely bashed your head somewhere." I reply.

"He'll give you something to ride other than your horse." He says. "Alfie! I'm not interested in Bonnie Gold and I'm pregnant, by the way." I tell him and he looks at me shocked. "Congratulations, darling. Johns I take it?" He asks and I nod, smiling a little as I rub my bump that's grown.

"That still doesn't change what's going through his mind, though. Take you on a trip to pound town." He says and I raise my eyebrow at him. "The fuck is pound town?" I ask. "Bone zone, fornication, the drill house, the whores tango, bedroom rodeo, shaboinking? Those better words darling?" He asks and I burst out laughing.

"And another thing I've noticed. Pretty much everyone's got a nickname for you don't they, darling? My question is, why doesn't Tommy like them?" He asks. "What do you mean?" I question. "When we first met, I saw his fist clenching and he looked like he was going to shoot me." He says and I sigh.

"Tommys always been jealous when it comes to other men and me. He was even jealous of John." I tell him. "Well, I don't blame him. You are a beautiful woman and I'm not blind. I can see the way he looks at you." He says softly. "But you're losing your feelings for him aren't you? Because of everything he's done." He asks and I nod.

"You blame him for John, don't you?" He questions. "I don't want to but I can't help it." I tell him and he nods in understanding. "That's understandable darling. But if I can see the way you look at that Peaky boy then he definitely can." He tells me and I furrow my eyebrows at him. "I know you have feelings for Isaiah. It's plain as day darling." He adds and I sigh, shaking my head.

******

"Tommys here." Polly announces, walking away to her door. I place my glass of water down on the table before I take a seat beside Finn, who grins and nudges me softly. I give him a small smile before I look over at Arthur and watch as he pours Tokyo onto the table making me shake my head.