John!

Scarlett's POV

John nuzzles into my neck, kissing my skin softly as I press back into him. "Morning baby." He whispers in my ear and I grin softly, turning around in his arms. "Morning." I mumble back, resting my head on his bare chest. Let's just say me and John didn't stop in the living room last night.

"Dad! Auntie Li-Li! Get up it's Christmas!" I hear Rhys yell making us chuckle. "I don't want to get up yet." I groan, snuggling more into John. "Come on, you. Get dressed and go down stairs. The kids want to see their auntie Li-Li. I'll do some yard work and then come in." He tells me, pecking my forehead before he gets up.

I roll onto my stomach, grinning as I watch him get dressed. He sees me looking and smirks. "Can I help you with something?" He asks me and I shrug. "Can't I look at the man I love getting dressed?" I ask him and he grins, coming back over to me. "I love you." He whispers against my lips and I smile. "I love you." I whisper back before he kisses me.

He pulls back after a few moments and slaps my ass, hard. "Hey!" I exclaims making him chuckle. "I never get tired of that." He says, biting his lip before he disappears down stairs. I quickly get dressed in a white dress and white heels before I make my way downstairs as I yawn. As I get closer downstairs, I hear all the children and I snort at Esme's scowling.

"Merry Christmas, my lovelies!" I cheer walking into the sitting room where a flock of children run to hug my legs and waist all shouting my name in delight. I barely manage to escape as I sit next to Esme. "Morning." I say softly as Rhys jumps into my lap and I catch him.

"Morning, Letty. You know he's not going to leave you alone all day." Esme tells me and I chuckle. "He never leaves me alone, do ya?" I ask jokingly, tickling him making him giggle and squirm. "Auntie Li-Li! I'm ticklish." He tells me. "Oh are you? I didn't know that." I say as I tickle him more making him laugh.

I laugh as I stop tickling him but my smile drops as I see a different Bentley pull up outside. "Esme, Michaels here." I tell her, placing Rhys on the floor as I stand up. "Fucking Michael." Esme growls as she storms out and I follow behind her. She flings open the door just as John was opening it and she rushes out, me coming to stand beside John. "You look beautiful." John whispers to me and I smile before Esme shouts. "Tell Tommy Shelby we can look after ourselves!" She spat. "Tommy says that they could come for us today, Esme." Michael beckons.

"Tommy says, Tommy says. Are you his fucking parrot?" Esme yells as I snort at the comment, John glaring at me playfully. "Look, it's the fucking Mafia! This is the New York mafia we're talking about." Michael yells. "And we're the Peaky fucking Blinders." John says as I feel a sick feeling growing in my stomach. "No, we're not John. We're not the Peaky fucking Blinders unless we're together." Michael drawls. "We were together in the gallows with one man missing." Esme growls.

"John. John, come to the meeting. Think about the kids. Come to the meeting and if you want to leave, fine." Michael suggests. "No. It's Christmas Day. We're the family now, we're staying at home." Esme growls as I glance towards a horse carriage with piles of hay. John steps toward just as Michael manages to push Esme towards the house. My eyes widen in shock as I see men appear out of the hay.

I let out a strangled scream for John, not thinking twice as I ran to his side, attempting to pull him but it's too late as the shots already started coming. John turns with speed, shielding me with his back turned towards them as I let out a scream. John drops to the ground taking me with him and I quickly turn, taking his face in my hands, blood all over my dress. "J-John." I stutter as he looks up at me. "I-I l-love y-y-ou." He stutters before he goes limp.

"Noooo!" I scream as Esme runs out, looking at John and Michael in shock. "Call an ambulance!" I yell to Esme who quickly stumbles back into the house. "John! John! Please, I need you. Please, baby. I love you." I beg as I lay my head against his. "Ahhhhhhh!!!" I scream feeling physical pain rush through me as I cling to John.

******

I walk into the morgue feeling numb and weak. Michael had made it out alive but had been rushed to the hospital due to blood loss. I open the doors, tears instantly coming back down my cheeks as I see Johns body. Arthur struggles to hold his cries as Tommy remains emotionless.

I walk over, not looking at Arthur or Tommy who I barge past and stand beside John. I let out a strangled sob as I grab his cold hand in mine, rubbing my thumb back and forth. "My John. He's gone." I say lowly, my voice shaking. "Get out Tommy. You spoke to him, now it's my turn." I instructed.

Tommy walks out as Arthur squeezes my arm before leaving, shutting the door behind him. I run my hand down his arm before I stop at his hand, seeing the ring I gave to him when we were teenagers. I slowly slip it off and onto my thumb before I look back up at him. "Oh, this hurts." I whisper, feeling my heart break.

"I love you. More than anything. You are the best thing to ever happen to me and I will always, always love you. You will always be my first love." I cup his face in my hands, feeling them shake. "I don't know how I can do this without you. You're the love of my life, John Shelby. You have been since I first met you. You'll always be my John. I'll never let go of you. I'll never let go, I promise." I say before I lean down and kiss his forehead. I look him over one last time before I let go of his hand for the last time and I walk away, feeling my heart break.

Tommys POV

Me and Arthur are still standing there as Letty's walkout and past us. She doesn't get far as she stumbles into the wall and fall to the ground, screaming and crying in pain. Me and Arthur look at each other before he walks over to her and cradles her in his arms.

"I can't." She cries, gripping onto Arthur who holds her tightly. "I know, Scar. I know." He says lowly. "It hurts so much." Letty tells him as she shakes, my heart breaking at the sight of her. "Ahhhhh!" She screams as a tear slips down my cheek.