Thirty-three

~Eric~

She'd been sleeping heavily for two hours when I'd woken her up. I didn't bother sleeping myself. I was too busy admiring her, holding her and being this close to her.

If I woke her up, she'd instantly run home.

So I let her sleep for two hours before I woke her. She blinked at me, brows furrowed angrily, her mood sour, since I'd woken her up from her nap.

"You could stay." I joke, as she yawned and looked around my room.

She looked incredible, here in my bed, utterly naked for me to see. I was surprised when she went all the way with me, but I wouldn't complain. Never. I'd been fantasising about her like this, for a while.

And when she slipped her clothes back on, I was tempted to tear them off again.

"I can't stay- you know that. But I suppose I will see you tomorrow then," she said, slipping on her shoes.

I had pulled on my slacks and walked towards her.

"That's it?" I ask her, "That's all you have to say?"

She flushed, and scowled at me.

"Am I supposed to kiss you goodbye?" She snorts, arms crossed.

"Yes," I deadpan seriously, and she laughs. Like she did that night in the countryside woods. A full laugh, that shook me to my core.

But her face lit up, as she leaned up and pressed a soft kiss to my lips, before pulling away too soon.

"That wasn't good enough. Another," I moved to grab her but she smacked my hands away.

"I shall see you tomorrow," she assures me before opening the door and slipping out into the hallway.

And then she's gone.

Tomorrow. I'd have to wait that long to see her again.

**~~***~~**

The first thing I see when I stepped foot into the office, was Quinn's face.

"You're late." Quinn says, arms crossed as he sat in my chair.

"Last time I checked, I run this business." I closed the door behind me. "Get out of my chair." I snort.

He was up, hands raised in defeat, "You look different." He muses.

That was stupid. I looked the same as always.

"Just happy to see you," I tease, dropping into my chair.

"You dealt with her problem then?" Quinn smirks, knowingly.

"I had no other choice." I shrug, thinking of Owens beaten and bloodied face.

"Sure you did," he walks around the table and sits on the opposite chair. "You simply chose to take my advice."

"I just admire you that much, apparently." I sigh dramatically as he rolls his eyes.

"You are a gigantic moron." He mutters, amused.

"Did you just called me gigantic?" I say, rummaging through the desk. "I am not gigantic."

Quinn laughs, "I'm here to sign some paperwork with you- my second, Smithens, should have sent some over."

I nod, "Of course he has. You only ever come to see me when it's about business."

I grab the papers he was on about.

"Miss me often, do you?" He raises a brow, as he glanced around and admired the office around him.

"Always. It wouldn't kill you to drop by for no reason, once in a while." I say.