Chapter 18

While Steffy was wondering how she was going to deal with Sheila Carter & the threat she posed to her family, Hope was enjoying her day off from work with Daniel Romalotti at his new place.

Daniel had earned enough money from his job as artistic director at Forrester Creations to buy a small three bedroom house for himself & his daughter Lucy in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles after spending their first year there with a friend of his from high school.

He had shown Hope the house, & she was impressed by how nice yet cozy it was. The house had tons of character yet had a few modern touches like the specious kitchen.

For Hope, who had grown up in a mansion, Daniel's house was perfect.

"It's amazing, Daniel. I love it," said Hope with a smile.

"Thank you, Hope. I appreciate that," said Daniel with a smile of his own.

The next thing Hope knew, she was in Daniel's arms with his lips on hers.

As the kissing got more passionate, Hope found herself unable to resist.

She said the three words she hadn't said to anyone since Liam.

"I love you, Daniel," she said as she caught her breath for a moment.

He stopped. He was shocked to hear her say that.

Yet it made sense. Daniel had been in love with Hope from the moment they had met at Forrester Creations when her stepfather Ridge Forrester had introduced them.

"I love you, Hope," whispered Daniel as he gently caressed her cheek.

Once the two were kissing again, they later found themselves in Daniel's bedroom making love for the first time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, Liam drove back to his office at Spencer Publications feeling rejected.

Within a matter of days, his life was ruined.

Hope had not only signed their divorce papers, but she & Beth had just moved into a new duplex not far from Daniel Romalotti's new house, which had Liam mad because Los Feliz was about an hour & a half drive away from his condo near Laguna Beach.

Not only that, but Steffy had ruined his chance to voice his suspicions about Finn by not only figuring him out but also by forcing him to agree to the new custody arrangement that was scheduled to be approved by a family court in a week.

So as he made his way to his office, Liam could feel his depression over the whole situation getting worse.

Still, he wasn't ready for what would happen next once he had sat down at his desk & found himself looking out at the sweeping views of downtown LA.

His father Bill Spencer, Jr had shown up, & he was the last person Liam wanted to see at that moment.

"What do you want, Dad?" Asked Liam, not even turning himself around to look at Bill.

"Are you all right, son? I'm worried, that's all," said Bill.

"Well, don't be," said a still miserable Liam.

"Do you at least want to talk about it?" Asked Bill.

Liam then turned around & glared at his father.

"What do you want to talk about, Dad? Do you want me to tell you about Hope & her new boyfriend? Do you want me to talk about Steffy making me agree to change our custody agreement concerning Kelly?" Asked a now furious Liam. "Do you want me to tell you how much I hate Steffy's husband & how much I don't trust the bastard with MY kid? Do you want me to tell you how fucking miserable I am & how I deserve this misery because I treated two amazing women like complete garbage because I couldn't choose who I truly wanted? IS THAT IT????"

Bill was stunned by the anger & fury coming out of a now teary eyed Liam. He had never seen his son be like this before.

However, he wasn't ready for what was about to happen next.

"You know what, Dad? I'm going to talk to the people from the Hearst cooperation tomorrow morning & tell them that I will accept their offer to move to New York," said Liam. "I need to get the fuck out of here. I don't have a life here anymore."

Bill was floored. He just couldn't believe it.

Liam was going to leave Los Angeles & go to New York? That simply didn't make sense.

"Son, you really need to think about this," said a concerned Bill. "I know that things are not going well for you right now, but you don't need to do this. You have everything you need here."

Liam just shook his head.

"No, I don't," said Liam. "I have absolutely nothing here, & there is not a damn thing you can say or do that can change that. I'm done."

Bill watched sadly as his own son turned his chair around & began looking out the window forlornly.

Bill knew that Liam was right. He was done. He had nothing.

However, Bill began to wonder if he could do something that could change Liam's mind.

At least he could do was try.