Chapter 7

As the weeks went by, Finn & Steffy got themselves back into the swing of things in terms of work & life.

Two weeks after agreeing to look at houses with Finn, he & Steffy found a beautiful family-friendly home in Laguna Beach that very much spoke to them. It wasn't far from the beach, & it was close to shops & cafes yet the neighborhood was very quiet & very much family friendly.

 It wasn't far from the beach, & it was close to shops & cafes yet the neighborhood was very quiet & very much family friendly

As they were in the process of moving in, Hope decided to stop by to chat with Steffy.

It was while they were drinking coffee in the large eat-in kitchen that Hope delivered some news.

"I filed for divorce from Liam yesterday," said Hope.

"Why am I not surprised by that, Hope?" Asked Steffy as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I think it's because you've been wondering when it would happen," said Hope. "Liam & I tried really hard, but the custody case concerning Douglas really put a strain on our marriage, & we didn't know how to cope with it."

"Were there other reasons besides the custody case?" Asked Steffy.

"What do you mean?" Asked Hope.

"Like your friendship with the company's new artistic director maybe? I noticed that Liam didn't like him much," said Steffy as she grabbed an oatmeal & raisin cookie from the platter that Martha had brought over the day before.

"Oh you mean Daniel? I honestly don't know," said Hope referring to Daniel Romalotti. "Don't get me wrong, Steffy, he's really handsome & very nice, but he's very committed to raising his daughter, & I don't want to get in the way of that especially now that I just filed for divorce & am currently dealing with this life change."

Steffy nodded as she took a bite of her cookie. She knew how Hope felt.

"Well, take it from me, Hope. Life changes are never easy, that's for sure," said Steffy with a smile.

Hope just chuckled & grabbed a cookie herself. The two continued chatting until it was time for Hope to head back to Forrester Creations.

After Hope had left, Steffy got herself back on track. She checked on both Kelly & Hayes, who were each taking naps, & got back to work unpacking some boxes in the living room.

Once Finn was home, everyone gathered on the slightly messy living room & enjoyed some pizza.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, Hope had made it back to work & ran into Daniel on her way to her office. She was surprised to still see him there since he tended to leave early so that he could pick up his daughter Lucy from school.

"Hey, Hope," he said with a friendly smile.

"Hi. I thought you'd be gone by now. You usually pick up Lucy from school at around this time, right?" Asked Hope.

"I do, but I'm going to be working a little late so I called my roommate, & he's picking up Lucy for me," said Daniel. Hope nodded.

They then went off to a photo studio on the FC property where they would work on bringing everything together for a new ad campaign that Forrester Creations was launching.

However, unbeknownst to everyone, trouble was coming.

Big trouble.