Chapter 16

As soon as Finn & Steffy had gotten home & had put the kids to bed, they weren't ready for what was to happen next after the near drowning incident at the beach.

It was while they had were eating a light dinner that Steffy's phone rang.

"Who is it, babe?" Asked Finn. Steffy looked at her phone & rolled her eyes.

"Liam," she said sounding annoyed.

"What does he want?" Asked Finn.

"Beats me. I guess we'll find out," said Steffy who hit the accept button & put her phone on speaker so Finn could hear everything.

"What's going on, Liam?" Asked Steffy.

His response shocked her.

"Why in the hell did I get a phone call today from someone at Cedars Sinai saying that my daughter almost drowned today at the beach?? Tell me, Steffy!" He said angrily.

Steffy was in shock. She had planned to tell Liam about what had happened, but this was completely out of the blue.

However, she maintained her composure.

"I was planning on telling you as soon as Finn & I had gotten home with the kids," said Steffy calmly.

"Oh really, Steffy? When was that going to be? When it was God damn convenient for you?" Asked a furious Liam.

Steffy was taken aback. She could understand Liam being angry as he was Kelly's father, but for him to act this way towards her, Kelly's mother, was unacceptable to her.

She then felt Finn put his arm around her shoulders, who helped keep her calm.

"Listen, Liam, if you want to talk about this, I suggest doing it when you've calmed down," said Steffy who was keeping her own anger under control. "I don't know who told you about what happened, but let me tell you this. You're not the only one who has had a difficult day today. So I suggest you meet me at my office tomorrow morning, & we'll talk. Do you understand me?"

Liam sat in his office staring at his phone. Meet Steffy at Forrester Creations to talk? That was the last place he wanted to be at.

The thought of running into Hope & Daniel Romalotti there caused his blood to boil.

Still, Liam figured that it was worth it since Steffy had suggested it.

"I understand, Steffy. I'll see you there tomorrow," he said & hung up.

While that conversation was going on, Finn had gotten a text from Brandon, who wanted to help Steffy come up with a custody arrangement that Liam would agree with.

"I'll tell her once she's done with asshole ex," texted Finn to Brandon, who replied with a thumbs up emoji.

Once Steffy had her phone put away, that was when Finn told her.

"When does he want to see me about it, hun?" Asked Steffy.

"Tomorrow. When is Liam showing up?" Asked Finn.

"9:30 am," answered Steffy. "What time does Brandon want to see me?"

"8am. That's the best time available for him because he has to be at court by 9:45," said Finn.

"That works for me. I'll text him to let him know," said Steffy who then texted Brandon to let him know that 8am was a great time to talk about the custody arrangement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back at his office at Spencer Publications, Liam just sat in his chair looking out at the sweeping views of Los Angeles thinking about what had happened.

He couldn't believe that Steffy had trusted Finn with Kelly. That enraged him.

Liam simply couldn't understand what Steffy saw in Finn. Yes, he was a doctor & had helped her through the injuries she had suffered in her motorcycle accident & the addiction to painkillers she had developed while recovering from those injuries.

Liam knew that Finn was a great stepfather to Kelly because she would brag about him whenever he would have her over at his & Hope's house. Just listening to his own daughter talk about her stepfather secretly drove Liam crazy.

In Liam's mind, Finn simply sounded too good to be true. Something wasn't right about him, & Liam was going to find out.

Or was he?