Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

“You’re speaking in riddles, Annalise. I do not know what you are talking about. We’ll talk more later. I don’t want your father beating our asses for being late.”

Zariah and Xena greet me as Xillon and I descend the stairs, hand in hand.

“You look gorgeous, Annalise. As always. Are you sure you have the strength to transform again so soon?” Zariah asks, as she tosses her dusty blonde locks over her shoulder.

“You should rest, Annalise,” Xillon says, and pulls me to his side and wraps his arm around me protectively.

“Your brother is right, Zariah. I haven’t spoken with Larrisa in hours. I’m convinced she’s still resting. This knucklehead had us running all over the forest before commencing the hunt.” I said, and Xillon groaned as I ruffled his hair.

“We are just happy that you can attend. We’ll have ample opportunity to shift and run together on some other occasion. I'm thrilled we have new blood arriving soon.” Xena says.

“Why does it matter, short stuff?” Zane says, walking up and giving Xena a fierce hug and she punches him, making him wince.

Poor girl got the short end of the stick for shifter females, reaching only five feet eight inches. But her height doesn’t keep her from whooping Zane’s ass, who reaches six foot ten.

If it weren’t for his words after my shift, I’d be swooning for sure. He appears strikingly dashing in his black formal wear with a turquoise undershirt that emphasizes his light hazel blue-green eyes. The seamstress did well in perfecting his dress suit so that it molds to his tall, bulky frame. Damn, he’s hot. Why does he have to be such an asshole?

He glares at me and leaves Xena to give Xillon a high-five.

‘Fucking bitch has bewitched my best buds. I’ll do away with her, once and for all.’

“I’d like to see you try, asshole.”

Zane scrutinizes me as if he were trying to figure out if he had said that out loud and scowls at me. I quirk my eyebrows and grin. Xillon’s questioning gaze as he tries to piece together what I told him earlier with what’s currently happening is comical, to put it mildly.

‘What the fuck?’

“What the fuck indeed, Zane,” I say and yank Xillon away to follow Zariah and Xena to the center of the room.

They strip from their garments and hand them over to their mother’s, as all the other guys and girls who are shifting do, and my dad begins the ceremony as he goes into a deep meditation to connect with each person’s inner wolf.

“So you can pick up on people’s thoughts?” Xillon whisper’s silently in my ear. So low that if I weren’t a wolf shifter, I wouldn’t have heard him.

“Well, yours, Jarek’s and Zane’s. I haven’t been able to hear your thoughts though, since I ran into you upstairs.”

“I told you how I was feeling and what I was thinking.”

“I know. I believe I'm totally drained in all truthfulness. Thus, my mind-reading abilities are a bit rusty.”

“Shhh… It’s starting.” Xillon says and hugs me tightly to his side.

***

After taking a long hot steamy bath with lavender salts and then washing my hair and body off in the shower, I donned some sleeper shorts and a spaghetti strap shirt and made my way across to Xillon’s room. I waited patiently at his door after lightly knocking three times.

‘Damn, she’s beautiful. I can’t believe I am as fortunate as to have Annalise as my mate. I’m the luckiest bastard on earth.’

Xillon grins, grabs my hand and pulls me inside. He’s donning a black pair of briefs that hug his dick and balls to perfection. He's well-endowed, more so than Jarek. I wonder if he’s hard, or if that’s how it is all the time. His dick jumps, and its length grows thicker and longer. I guess he wasn’t hard, but he sure is getting that way now.