Chapter 17 part 2

Start from the beginning

A few of the doctors turned away, having a hushed conversation, before turning back a short moment later.

"Can you hear me?" One of them asked, slowly.

Samuel strained his neck, struggling to give the slightest nod. He failed at speaking for the third time, nothing but air leaving his mouth.

"Do you remember what happened?" The same doctor questioned

Samuel took longer to answer this one. He hadn't really thought about it.

He remembered the new villain attacking, and he remembered all of the bodies.

His fingers twitched a bit, he could feel his heart speed up. All of the twisted, mangled, bodies of anyone who was unfortunate enough to be around when the explosion happened popped onto his head.

That was another thing he remembered, the explosion.

Thinking so hard made his migraine worsen, but he needed to remember. He had to remember.

He remembered Matias showing up. Hell, he wished he didn't, but he did. He wished Matias would've just stayed away, kept himself safe.

He remembered being in the alley, alone.

And then he remembered being in the alley with Matias.

Matias wasn't in good condition, but he didn't seem bothered by it. He just seemed worried about Samuel.

And the last thing he remembered was pinky promising Matias that he'd be okay before he kissed him.

Samuel finally nodded, answering the doctors question.

It was no time to be getting flustered, but his face grew hot and he felt butterflies in his stomach.

"Alright, that's good" the doctor continued

"You're going to have to stay here for a while. We are keeping the door closed and the blinds down to protect your identity, but that's all we can do. There's..."

The woman kept talking, but Samuel had already tuned her out. He already knew he couldn't stay in this hospital. Not until he knew that Matias was okay. And that Ellie was safe.

Oh shit, Ellie

He had left Ellie with Amanda during all of this. He trusted Amanda to take care of her, but they both must be worried sick. Do they think that Samuel dead? Does Ellie think she lost her father?

He couldn't even get anyone to tell her he's okay since the only person who knew the hero and Samuel were the same person is gone.

Samuel was puzzled as to where Matias could be. He didn't leave Samuel in the alley after he kissed him, did he?

His heart ached a bit. Surely Matias wouldn't do that. But then where is he now?

Was he so disgusted with Samuel kissing him that he just dropped him at the hospital and left?

The doctor waved her hand slowly in front of Samuels eyes.

"How are you feeling?" She asked kindly, though concern coated her voice.

His vision cleared some more so he could make out some of her features.

She had blue eyes that contrasted her dark brown hair and she had a dark freckle just below her eye.

"fff.. ine" he stuttered, the word not sounding like anything more than a breath

But the doctors must've had experience understanding people in these situations. They all nodded and the woman continued.