36: Little Carlyle

Depuis le début

****************************

Amelia

We are currently in the dining room eating. I wiped Cassius' mouth with a handkerchief cause there was a sauce near his mouth. It was a good thing that it was still lunchtime so we didn't have to wait for the chef's food or order takeouts.

"Is it good Cassius?" I asked him to which he nodded excitedly. I covered my mouth to prevent myself from laughing.

"You're really enjoying this aren't you?" Errick asked from across the table.

"Of course I am! This is a rare occurrence of Cassius being so cute. I am not passing up this opportunity." I said excitedly with a wide smile.

"How shameless." Errick said and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please! The first time you guys saw this kind of Cassius, you must have done the same."

"Well, we did but we wished we never have done it." Hansel said and shivered as he recalled something.

"Yeah. That was a nightmare." Zeyd agreed. All of them had this terrified expression, even Venus.

"What happened?" I asked Venus.

"Well, even if Cassius was in this form and acts like a kid, he would still remember everything after he transformed back." Venus explained.

"And boy it was hell for us." Hansel said and Zeyd nodded in agreement.

"And what you're seeing about Cassius is not what it's like when he was about that age. He was like a kid with an old soul." Quinn said it like it's a normal thing.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, we grew up together but I was a year older. My mom even told me he didn't cry when he was born. He was fine but didn't cry. He even looks bored. He's born with a lack of emotions."

Woah. Now I'm super curious about his childhood.

"Well, this curse might be a blessing in disguise." I mumbled to myself and little Cassius looked up to me and smiled.

"So...about this curse, when will it last?" I asked them.

"It depends. We really don't know. The minimum would be five days? Then the maximum was three weeks. And all of these occur every three months." Quinn said.

"Does the pack know about this?"

"No. We are the only ones who know. As well as every branch pack's Alpha and Luna. But the members of the pack knew him as Cassius' nephew, Carlyle." Venus.

"Oh, so I'll have to call you little Lyle?" I said to Cassius and pinched his cheeks to which he giggled in delight.

"I knew old man Hazrah was powerful but to think he was this powerful." I said and they gave me confused looks.

"What does that mean? Do you know who made the curse?" Hansel asked.

"Yes. I'm ninety percent sure it's Hazrah Winderwald. And that warlock is definitely more powerful than what the records about him entail." I said and they even looked more confused.

"Amelia, do you know anything about curses?" Quinn asked.

"Yes. In fact, I knew more than most witches." I said and all of them paid attention, as if urging me to continue.