I need saving- 21

Madison Snow

The rest of the week went by pretty fast, there wasn't much to do and Kamryn has been sending me little notes every morning as a way to earn me.

But she needs to try harder.

I'm not gonna let her get away with it that easily, she's not gonna get me that easily. I've never been able to figure her out and now having her wrapped around my finger feels like the best thing in the world.

She's supposed to be coming over tomorrow so right now I'm just dying on my sofa. No seriously, my head has been in agony for hours to the point I can barely move so instead Kam's been on call with Arielle and Omari to keep me company while they're all busy doing their own things.

"Someone please tell me they've seen Sienna and Lukas flirting-"

"It's so bad."

"Poor guy."

"Leave him alone, she's not exactly the easiest to get along with."

"But she gets along with you perfectly fine-"

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "I'm not doing this."

Omari started singing and Ari was giggling, "Jealousyy, Jealousyyy-"

"I didn't mean it like that."

"There's no other way you could've meant it."

"That's besides the point-"

"Okay whatever, I'm going my head hurts."

"Bye Maddy,"

"Bye guys."

The second I ended the call I lay down and closed my eyes, I haven't been sleeping much again since my nightmares are still around and right now I was beyond exhausted. I had been ploughing through my essays and catching up on weeks worth of work that I put off.

Don't get me wrong, the grades I'm getting are more than worth it but I also don't see the point if I'm constantly drained and mentally not here for the lessons.

It was pointless but Kamryn was convinced it would take my mind off everything and in a way, as much as I hate to admit it, I guess she was right.

Her getting jealous over Sienna was cute but I hate arguing over it, Lukas likes Sienna and Sienna likes me but I like Kam. So she's just gonna have to grow some balls and deal with it because it's not my fault.

After about 10 minutes of laying down in silence, my eyes started feeling heavy and sleep took over me.

But the next time I woke up it was to banging on my front door.

BANG
BANG

"MADISON!"

BANG
BANG
BANG
BANG

"OPEN THE DOOR!"

What the hell?

I could barely hear it but I could tell that it was loud, I was on the other side of the house so I rolled off the sofa onto my hands and knees and pulled myself towards the front door.

BANG
BANG
BANG

"MADISON!"

I couldn't make out who it was, but their voice was panicked and it only worried me more. I reached up and pulled the handle down for it to open slightly before dropping my hand back down and seeing Arielle step in with Kamryn.

I turned over onto my back and coughed. It felt really hot, I'm not sure why it was hot.

"Get her up I need to turn the gas off."

I saw Kam grab Arielle's wrist and shake her head, "there's not enough time, we have to get her out of here."

My eyes were shutting and I was fighting to keep them open as Arielle pulled me up and Kamryn carried me out of the house. They carried on far enough away from the house to put me down on the grass.

Kam sat behind me and let my head rest into her legs and that's when I saw all the smoke. I opened my eyes properly and saw my entire house engulfed by flames and grey clouds.

"Holy shit."

I could feel how heavy her breathing was and her hands were shaking as she raked her fingers through my hair and pulled me closer to her.

"It's okay, we got you."

I nodded, "you can close your eyes Maddy,"

I let myself fall into darkness again and when I opened my eyes for the second time I was in a moving vehicle in the passenger seat.

"What-"

"Don't try and talk," Kamryn handed me a bottle of water. "Your throats gonna be sore."

The car came to a slow stop and she opened the door on my side before leaning over and undoing my belt. She smelt amazing.

It was a flowery scent but it smelt stronger than the usual ones. I liked it.

She went to grab me and stopped, "can I touch you?"

I groggily nodded and she carried me into what I'm guessing is her house with Arielle behind us. She slowly let me down and opened the door, shutting it behind us.

I held the side of my head, "what- the fire-"

Arielle spoke first, "your headache came so fast we thought it was something bad so I went on a little internet search. Gas can cause headaches and you cooked this morning. So I rang Kam who was asleep and she panicked cause your house blew up with you in, in her dream."

I was trying to understand what she was telling me but my head was pounding too much for her sentences to make any sense to me.

"I left the gas on?"

She nodded and looked away quickly before looking back at me, "why would that cause a fire?"

Kamryn sat me down and sighed, "Your fireplace, you put it on when you were cold. Fire and gas makes-"

"A bigger fire."

I rubbed my hand down my face and leant back into the chair. "I'm so stupid."

"I would say we've all done it but we haven't done it that bad."

They both laughed about it and I smirked, "it's not funny guys."

"You've been trying to sell it anyway it's not that bad."

I felt a slap to the back of my head and turned to Ari, "but scare me like that again and I'll kill you myself. You could've died if we didn't get there."

Kamryn took two mugs out the cupboard and held them in her hands with a little pose looking at us, "before you kill her, comfort hot chocolate anyone?"

She made eye contact with me and I couldn't help but smile.