Split up- 5

Madison Snow

"What did I say about talking to other people?"

"I-"

"You don't have permission to fucking talk."

I could feel eyes at the back of my head and I knew it was that bitch. I was praying that she would look away before he caught her. Please look away.

His eyes flicked up and met hers and I saw the rage behind them. It wasn't red, it was black. It was always black. His heart was pure-

Black.

"Why the fuck is she looking at you?"

I gulped and looked down a bit, I hated feeling small. I was small anyway but this, this was beginning to be too much. The feeling small instead of being small.

Jacob used to be so perfect, but somewhere between perfect and now he changed. He lost people he cared about and he changed. You know that phrase, some people change for the better? Yeah well others change for the worse. This was worse.

He was getting worse. The entire time he was interrogating me I couldn't stop my thoughts.

I was replaying what Kamryn said over and over in my head. About the barber and the watch. The answers closer than it seems? What does that even mean? I hate riddles. She couldn't just say who had it could she?

"Talk you worthless slut."

I looked up at him and we both heard shouting down the corridor. My head whipped around quickly to see Arielle and Kamryn about to punch each other.

"I'm going, clearly she's more important than me. You better make sure she doesn't touch you or my fist will meet your face."

"Jake-" he storms off and I run down the hall standing between Arielle and Kamryn.

"Great the saviour is here," her voice dripped of sarcasm. I take it Arielle had enough as she swung for her but Omari picked her up and dragged her away with Kehlani as I stood in front of Kamryn and sighed.

"You never know when to leave it alone do you?"

"Don't blame me! I'm not the one with anger issues and low self control."

She better be joking. The schools whore having self control? I could've laughed in her face.

"Arielle's never like that! You know that too."

Now she was getting me angry. She's so stuck up. Just admit you're in the wrong, what is so hard about that?

She stayed silent but I could tell she was pissed, she went to reply but glanced down at my wrists. They were aching but most the time it goes unnoticed so it's fine. Surely she wouldn't notice something so minor.

"Your wrists..." her voice went soft. and for a split moment her expression wasn't cold. It was like the tallest bricks and thickest cement of the wall she holds up just disappeared. There was a little window she was letting me see through. But why was she letting me see through.

"They're fine." I pulled my sleeves down so they were covered and she just frowned before crossing her arms.

I didn't say anything so she spoke again, more softly this time, "he was holding your wrists."

"What? No he didn't-"

"I'm brunette not blind."

Firstly, I wanted to punch her myself for interrupting me, but I looked down the hall both sides to see it was empty before my arm was being pulled by my bicep in another direction.

"Where are we going?"

"Just shut up for once."

God she's exactly like him but female. I was pulled into a classroom and she shut the door behind her, going into a first aid box that was on the shelf. Wow, she can reach up there?

"Show me."

"No I'm still pissed at you, what the fuck-"

"I was watching you. She was mad about it. My guess is that she was mad because he hurts you right? She doesn't want me to look because I'll make him more angry when he catches me looking right?"

"You're in the wrong. Can you just admit that for once?"

I was ignoring her question, trying to change the conversation, she knew it too. "I'll admit it and apologise... IF, you tell me the truth."

"You're so insufferable,"

She winked, "yet you choose to suffer at my hands anyway," she slowly moves forward and reaches her hand out to my wrists, "can I?"

I'm clearly not winning this, who am I kidding? She always gets what she wants. She's Kamryn Stones for fuck sake.

I hesitantly nod and she gently places some cream on top of my wrists.

It was strange, this contrast. She's usually hard and brutal but right now this was the most delicate I had seen her. The most vulnerable I had seen her. Her touch didn't even feel like a touch, it was a graze.

She was vulnerable for me.

"I know," I replied. I couldn't help but stare at her lips while she spoke and applied the cream. There was something so annoying about her, she was so cocky and overconfident. Yet in this moment, she was so captivating.

"Stop staring." She looked up at me and I looked away.

"I was staring at the trash my bad," she smiled a genuine smile and I loved it. She was beautiful. No what am I thinking, stop thinking thoughts about her. You have a boyfriend. Act like it.

"Really? There's not a mirror in here that I recall."

She lets go of my wrists and puts the first aid box back while I rolled my eyes. That was good for her.

She paused and lingered for a minute before I said, "what?"

"I'll apologise, not to you but to her. Just to prove I'm a better person. The best person actually."

And there she was again. Cold hearted. Walls back up. I hate her.

She's so confusing.

She went to leave but I called her name.

"Kam," she turned expectantly, surprised at the nickname, "how do you know?"

She knew what I was talking about, I could tell by her demeanour. "He sent a message to me instead of Cameron. I wasn't even going to tell you."

"Why did you change your mind?"

She shrugs, "I don't like seeing people get hurt because of love."

And just like that she was gone again.