Fresh Starts- 19

Madison Snow

3 weeks later

"To say the least Madison, I'm rather impressed with your assignment, it took me a while to mark but you put a lot of thought into it. However, given our class discussions I believed you were in love yourself, I was surprised. The individual you speak about or seem to mention in the essay, is it someone real?"

I was caught off guard. I'm glad Sir liked my essay about love but what does he mean that I've mentioned someone? ... Okay maybe I described how I feel around a certain girl sometimes but that isn't love, that's just curiosity.

"No sir, it was just easier to write as if there were someone to write about."

"I completely understand that," he flashed his genuine smile and handed me back my paper, "well this is for you, incredible work keep it up."

"Thank you."

I gently took the paper and left the classroom, heading straight for my locker but before I even got the chance to open it, Omari and Arielle were right next to me.

Ari looked at my grade and screamed, "that's amazing!"

I laughed at her reaction and Omari smirked while leaning against the lockers as Lukas and Kamryn also walked with each other straight to me.

Kamryn smiled slightly at me and looked to the floor once I made eye contact with her, she hasn't been looking at me since that weekend she slept on my couch.

I just want her to look at me. For longer than two seconds.

I heard a squeal on my right and turned to see Sienna as she lifted me up from under my legs and hugged me. "I didn't think you'd do that good!"

I smiled and hugged her back still in her arms and that's when I felt her looking at me. "Nice to know you have some faith in me."

She giggled at the same time as me and let me down slowly before grabbing the papers out my hand and going to read them.

"Don't-"

She read a few sentences while everyone else looked intrigued and smirked at Kamryn as I grabbed the papers back off her and threw them in my locker.

"Do that again and I'll pluck your eyeballs out."

She raised her eyebrows before we both started laughing again and Kamryn was staring straight at Sienna the entire time.

Is she jealous?

Or is she mad at me?

Why can't I ever read this woman?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Sienna and Lukas said they had a class to get to and Kehlani walked over and hugged both me and Kam.

"How was your result?"

"A*, she's a little show off," Kam told her before looking at the floor and biting her lip nervously.

I furrowed my eyebrows staring at her and Arielle nudged me with a look on her face.

"We'll meet you in the cafeteria, we have something to talk about."

Omari nodded and kissed her head before ushering the other girls through the hallway.

Arielle waited until the corridor was basically empty and then smacked my arm.

"OUCH."

"Don't be so dramatic, tell me everything."

"What-?"

"Every time that girl looks at you her face lights up and her cheeks go red the minute you make eye contact, don't tell me you haven't noticed?"

I shook my head in disbelief. Kamryn stones blushes?

"Seriously Maddy? Ever since that party she stutters when she speaks to you, she can't hold eye contact, she doesn't say the usual bitchy stuff, she says none of it. She compliments you and you're messaging loads, hell when did you even get each others phone numbers?"

"You're reading into it-"

"and don't think I haven't noticed you smiling when her notification comes up either."

"I-"

"Just say it, me and Omari are sick to death of wingwomaning you guys. You're both so stupid."

"I-"

"For me?"

She pouted and I sighed before whispering, "she's pretty."

"Louder."

"She's pretty."

Ari smiled and nodded, "have you told her that?"

"Have I fuck. She should just know that I'm thinking it, just read my mind it's not that hard."

"You're both insufferable, she told Omari that you have to make the first move. She's stubborn but she wants whatever you want to happen to be on your terms. It's kind of sweet."

"It's not that easy, I can't just forget everything, every insult I can't just-"

"You're not forgetting, you're forgiving. Look, I'm not saying you have to but please just talk to her about it, you'll realise that she's not actually a massive bitch."

"She started a fight with you for trying to protect me-"

"Because she wanted to protect you. Maddy if you're gonna end up with anyone, I would rather it be her."

"I- I don't- I'm scared."

"You're allowed to be, nobody's saying that you shouldn't be. But she hired a private investigator to search for you for God sakes. She carried you on her back while you were drunk cause you were complaining, she stayed overnight so you weren't alone, she gave you some insight into her own assignment. I know it's been rocky, it may still be, but the tension being in the same room as you two is hurting me."

I laughed and she smiled, "I just don't think she deserves me... yet."

"Then make her work for it, but give her something that proves she is capable of having you."

"Everyone heard her at the party didn't they?"

Arielle cleared her throat and put on a lighter voice with a small accent, "please, please let me touch you," which made me burst into laughter.

"Yes everyone heard it, I'm pretty sure that's why she can't look at you without blushing. She got caught up in the moment but literally everyone knows about it. She's attracted to you, work with it, play on it just do something. Even if it is just for her money-"

I punched her arm and she stopped speaking, "okay- okay I've got it."

We waited a little for Lukas and Sienna to finish their hour before walking to the canteen.