Needy Bitch - 2

Kamryn Stones

"This is a disaster." I could hear the boredom in my own voice.

"You can say that again, the only good thing about this team is that they're pretty."

"I wonder how many of them get around."

My best friend looked at me with disgust, "seriously?"

"Not for me you dipshit, reputation is important and if anything we need a solid squad that doesn't fall for the stupid football boys."

Even as I was speaking, my eyes drifted towards the door as a certain someone walked through. She looked a little different since before summer though, her freckles seemed to come out more and frame her face. Of course the "perfect" girl still has her blonde signature wavy beach hair and those gorgeous green eyes. They're not even like emeralds, they are emeralds. I keep telling myself that she's not at all gorgeous but she might just be the closest thing to 'perfect' that has ever walked this planet.

"I see she hasn't grown at all," Kehlani's voice brought me back to reality. It's true what she said, Madison was still 5"4 with an unreal attitude problem. Fuck, I despised her. Everything about her was just too good to be true and she might be half decent if she kept her stupid mouth shut. At all times.

"You can say that again."

"Did she ever question you about-"

"About her boyfriend being an asshole? No. It wouldn't even shock me if she didn't believe me, she's so naive."

Arielle and Lukas trailed behind her as they took the seats in the centre of the seating area. I watched as a ball flew at Madison and she caught it with one hand without looking. Impressive.

Suddenly there were a couple claps as Jacob jumped over the hurdle to grab the ball from her. You could faintly hear him calling her baby and leaving with a quick peck which she smiled at.

So she didn't believe me? How stupid can a human possibly be. I may just be the worst person in the universe but this goody two shoes is going to get herself heartbroken because she can't see a red flag that's blowing in-front of her own eyes.

This just annoys me even more. I wouldn't lie about something like that. Never.

"She definitely doesn't believe you."

"Yeah, I think I just gagged in my mouth."

"PDA does that to people, especially you."

She elbows me and I laugh. Try outs happened last week and the coach decided on who gets what spot, apparently the girls we've been given are the best, which means I am doomed. Doomed. It's like back in the 1500s when people would shut on your doorstep and ring the bell.

"What's up playgirls?"

I felt an arm around my shoulder and turned around to see Omari smirking at me while he ruffled my hair, I turned around quickly and punched him in his side which made him wince and take a step back.

"I got the memo."

His voice came out strained and it made me smile. I'm glad it hurt.

"Damn, is that all a girl has to do to win you over? Let herself be your punching bag."

"I think you might be onto something Ri," both of them looked at each other and then casually at Madison. "Someone tell Snow to watch out if that's the case."

"I don't like Snow-"

They both giggled like kids at how angry it made me. How angry she made me. I swear I have the biggest hold on my own emotions but something about that girl makes me so mad. She's infuriating, insufferable.

There's a click in-front of my eyes, "you started daydreaming about her too? thought we agreed to keep that to night time only."

I gave him a hard, cold glare and he shut up. I saw him wink at Arielle from across the hall though.

"What happened to just a summer fling? Or did you decide on keeping her wrapped up for all four seasons?"

Omari is so gullible, he literally fell for the sworn enemies best friend. So the fact I hate her isn't enough, I now have to see her every single day cause Ri's attachment issues are severely frustrating. He can't stay away from the girl.

"Oh please, I'm wrapped around that girls finger, my player days are over."

I was pleading with my eyes to Kehlani.  "I just threw up again, but more violently."

She smirks and looks over at Madison. I wish she would stop giving her so much attention, it feeds her ego too much and if you ask me, it needs to come down a couple notches.

"Just because you don't have a heart."

"I do have a heart!" I said defensively, "it's just a black one."

I winked and she smirked before Omari hugged us both and we got into position to try and perfect this routine. God needs to give me strength. I need more than the title of captain for this.