Jaw Dropped- 12

Kamryn Stones

Holy shit she looked beautiful. I was walking with Lukas and Omari who were bickering about something to do with Geography when I saw her talking to Arielle by her locker.

She looked a little different, not the bad kind though. Whatever she did, it did wonders for her. Her face was seriously glowing, and she went for minimal makeup for a change, I haven't seen her like this since she got with him. She used to be a stunner.

Not that she isn't now but she used to look exactly like this everyday. Somehow her eyes seemed brighter than before and I noticed her freckles were a lot darker and more prominent than usual.

Some football jock came over and hugged her while she was staring at Jacob's locker that was littered with trash and hand me downs.

I should snap his hand off for touching her. I swear if he doesn't let go I'll carve my name into his chest and let him bleed out.

I looked at Arielle who was staring at me already, she had a smug look on her face like she knew what I was thinking.

She mouthed "whipped," and I immediately rolled my eyes and looked away. Any other time Kehlani would be helping me out of this mess but
she's not in until another hour passes.

Help.

When the guy walked off she turned back to the group with annoyance plastered all over her face. I wondered what he said to her for her to act that way, usually I love making her angry but that's because it's me. I hate when someone else makes her mad.

Her fists were clenched that tightly her knuckles were turning white and she wasn't even noticing. I stood next to her, pretending to be interested in the boys conversation and gently touched her hand so she would loosen her knuckle.

Just like I suspected she hesitated for a second which meant I could put my finger in the way of her nails so they wouldn't dig into her palms.

I thought I hated Madison Snow, but ever since she ended up at my door in that state I have this overwhelming gut feeling that I'm supposed to protect her.

We all walked over and sat down on the usual table, yesterday we filled Madison in on our friends all being friends so we'd just have to tolerate each other and she agreed to put our drama to the side.

Thank God. I mean quite literally, he sculpted the most gorgeous woman I've laid eyes on.

"We need something to do this weekend."

"What about a party?"

"The partier isn't available at this moment in time,"

We all knew who he was talking about and so the table went silent.

"Give me a minute," Madison stood up from her chair, "I'll be right back."

She left without another word and walked over to that guy from before, I noticed a mark on her upper back that was quickly hidden again by her hair. She has a tattoo?

The guy stood up straight away and looked down at her while speaking. Not in a condescending way, but because he was taller. Although I think being back at school was overwhelming her, she took one step back from him and she seemed a little jumpy but that's pretty normal after being flung upside down in a car and your mother being killed by your boyfriend who's abusive and also tried to kill you.

Yeah she should be a lot more than just jumpy, but she's not? it's like nothing even happened.

We didn't speak about that night and I don't think she planned to ever speak about that night.

She gave him a hug and walked back over, "what was that about?"

"Party. 9pm. Jake's old house."

"He has a house?"

"Had. He had a house." She sighs, "it's my house now."

She paused and I looked at her, she gently nodded her head towards the toilets and I let her go there following a couple minutes after.

I walked in and she slammed me up against the door, my back ached the minute she did it. This stupid bitch.

"What game are you playing?"

"What?" It was amusing at first, this girl was so strong.

"The nice girl act, holding my hand-"

"I was help-"

"Who the fuck do you think you're touching, what happened to no touching?"

I looked at her confused, "you're the one who has me up a fucking wall right now."

"You touched my hand," her eyes were filled with rage. "Don't touch me again."

She let go of me and I was seeing her on the verge of a breakdown.

"Wha-"

"I don't understand you! You're horrible and mean and made my life a living hell for years with all of your sarcastic remarks and stupid comments about my body or my boyfriend or my dead dad so what's next?"

"I-"

"You asked for the truth before right? So here's the fucking truth Kamryn. He was abusive, he did beat me like I was nothing but a little bitch, he was controlling and condescending and I was just a girl in love with a boy who didn't truly love her for who she was. But I don't need a fucking protector! I can take care of myself. If you want anything else to stab at me for, find it now and fuck off. It was one night! I was soft and off my game for one night and it won't happen again."

It was like all of her emotions came tumbling out, there wasn't even a warning. And I didn't know what to say because she was right. I was a bitch. I still am.

"You can't be nice and caring but be a stone cold bitch at the same time Kam, decide what personality you want and stick with it."

I mustered all my courage up and said two words I never wanted to. Especially not to her. But I needed to. I wanted to.

"I'm sorry."

She looked at me in disbelief, "it's torture to be in the same room as you when I don't know what version of you I'm talking to."

She sighs and I step towards her so we're face to face.

"I'll be whatever version of myself you want me to."