Chapter 34 - Another Little Thing To Enjoy

NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW A LOT ABOUT MUSLIM RELIGION OR WHAT YOUR WEDDINGS ARE LIKE! I JUST KNOW THAT THE SAMIR FANS OF MAGNUS CHASE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. IF I MENTION ANYTHING OFFENSIVE, I WANT TO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE!
———————————————————————
"Come on Chase! We gotta go!" Alex called up from the first floor of the Chase Space.

"I'm almost done!" I responded, then under my breath muttered, "It's this dang tie!" I watched my reflection in the mirror as I tried to figure out how to fix my crooked tie around my neck.

Today was Samirah's wedding, the day she and Amir would be together. And guess who was the best man?

I sighed in defeat as I made my way down to Alex, in hopes the fashionable warrior knew how to at least fix a tie.

She was on her phone and leaning against the door, huffing in impatience. She wore a dark green, slim fit suit, matching her pants. A piercing, pink tie corresponding with the pink boutonnières flower. I had the same flower in my pocket too.

When she saw me, she rolled her eyes. "You're an immortal fighter and you don't even know how to fix a tie?"

"Sorry," I blushed, "my mom always did the toes for me."

Alex hummed as she did some arrangements to my navy blue tie. It was Blitzen's request, since it was such a big event, he didn't trust me to find my own formal attire. It went along with a gray jacket and pants with a white dress shirt underneath.

"Well despite that," She muttered, "I think you look rather nice." That blush from before grew as a smile went with it.

"It's better than the golden tux from Sif." I joked, making her cackle with laughter.

"Maybe you should have worn that just to scare Sam." She said through giggles.

I had learned before that her laugher could be infectious sometimes. "She would have a heart attack!" I laughed out loud.

Our fit died out between us, leaving both of us a smile. "Come on," Alex urged, grabbing my hand and leading me to the door. "I'm your date right?"

"Indeed you are," I said, following her lead. "Let's go."

The day after we got home from the quest, Alex had asked to see me in my suite. She had explained that she was done keeping up the walls for some of her emotions around me. That she had been worried about me not just because I was injured and in a coma, but the fact that she almost lost her chance to admit her feelings to me. Believing that what we had would have been left to her words 'I'll keep thinking about it.' She was done thinking about it. And even though it was slow, it made me feel better every day.

Now, from time to time, I would be
acknowledged more than just a friend.

We hopped in the car, after a few deadly lessons from Alex and one or two from my cousin Annabeth, who I also expected at the wedding, I was allowed to be behind the wheel. I watched in the rear view mirror as the mansion faded off behind the hill.

The second morning after the quest, I had daringly dragged Alex out of bed because my worries for the children had finally devoured my patience. With Cyrus coming along, we rushed to the Chase Space to repair the damage, only to find it completed fixed.

The walls had been nailed back together, the windows replaced, and the wall paint decorated. The three of us walked in to find Annabeth carrying one of uncle Randolph's artifacts.

"Magnus!" She gasped in surprise at our entrance. She immediately dropped the case on the stair and bolted over to hug me. "You guys made it!"

"Yep," I choked, she was a strong hugger. "And the world hasn't frozen over, so I guess we succeeded."