Chapter 6 - My Doppelgänger Is Either My Lifesaver, Or Reaper. Take Your Pick

The early morning hours of camp Half-Blood were quaint in comparison to last night. Not that many campers, or even my teammates for that matter, were up yet. The only ones willing to get up were T.J., and Blitzen.

But surprisingly, Annabeth wanted me to look at her Oracle alone. "Just in case," she advised "it's not the safest when there are multiple people in the same room."

So now, here I was about to meet a girl who lived in a cave half the year. She looked about Annabeth's age, maybe a year younger. Vibrant red hair like Mallory's tumbled off her shoulders, cheeks and palms painted with messy paint.

"You must be Magnus Chase," she said "I'm Rachel Elizabeth Dare."

I shocker her hand, I could feel her nerves shaking, her face pale from exhaustion. How she could still paint was a mystery to me.

"Yep, that's me," I confirmed "what's going on?"

With a sigh, she began to explain "Months ago, I got rapped up with this guy who wasn't the best. He locked another fortune teller and I away, so no one could here our prophecies. But, apparently, I had a very important one that the Oracle inside me wanted to get out. It was so bad, she was killing me to do so."

She took a breath. In all honesty, I needed the minute to try and understand everything. Something about a spirit killing her from the inside?

"Percy found me a few months later. " she continued "I was already having a massive attack, and apparently said some frightening things."

"Such as?" I pressed. There were many other questions about this individual that I wanted to know, but I decided to prioritize.

"I-I can't remember. I only said it once, then kept on demanding to see you and Ragnorok." She admitted. The worst combination in the whole universe.

I had been the main center of several accounts of Ragnorok; my quest to rebind Fenris Wolf, freeing Loki from his bonds, having run-ins with Surt, the fire giant king, then capturing Loki in a battle of insults with the power of friendship and announcing undying love.

"May I take a look?" I offered, deciding to be oblivious again and shove it down.

"How?" She questioned.

"Like your children of Apollo, I can also heal. I'm just going to give you the fare warning that I might see your old memories."

I usually didn't like that part of my power, but I've also learned to channel it. People have mental injuries that aren't that different to physical. If I have the power of mental healing as well, might use it.

"If it means allowing me to sit in class without having a seizure, go for it." She amended. That was a first.

With that, I pressed my fingers to the sides of her head, allowing my hands to glow. I tried to prepare myself for any thoughts or memories that might be a bit private. But instead, it was just a black void.

As if I was standing in an all black room. No vision, no senses. Well, not until I heard it's voice.

"The white rage of Skofnung's champion, Shadow's grief, Light's love. Ragnorok to fall if failure proceeds."

The voice of the Greek Oracle. She continued several lines, all sounding impatient and harsh. Then, she became more demanding.

"HEED THE WORDS FREYSON!" She screeched. My head became stuffy, my throat closed up.

"North summons once again

To assist a troubled friend to gain

Summer and winter's discord in vain