Chapter 7- I Am Unable To Hold My End Of A Relationship

From everything I heard from my cousin and her boyfriend, I always pictured each demigod at the camp a healthy warrior that was taught to fight constructively. Not how we do it, given a weapon and thrown out on a battle field with the only other thing as "Try your best to not get slaughtered!"

So seeing the camp battling green and gray zombie warriors, I'm not going to say I was completely satisfied.

Most of the demigods met that standard, perfect bronze armor, weapon in hand as they sliced one way, dodged another while making a clean cut to another opponent. But then the others had to be resourceful.

Since it was lunch, and no one planned to be bombarded by undead soldiers, they had to work with what they had. Several campers from what looked to be the Hypnos cabin had pillows, food plates, and chunks of bed posts as weapons. A few children of Nemesis were more devious and used the sharper utensils.

I dashed over towards the back of the camp, near the beach. There, my friends had already started to handle the danger as well.

Halfborn was hand and hand with two zombies. He had one being crushed under his meaty hand, the other being held down at the face by his large foot. Mallory was on the back of another, her knives driven into its shoulder blades as it scrambled left and right to shake the red haired sociopath of its back.

TJ looked to be struggling a bit. He and Blitzen were back to back with a swarm of zombies on them. TJ fired his rifle and reloaded it in the blink of an eye repeatedly. Blitz was hauling an old plank of wood as a weapon, his clothing pins lodged into the wood as spikes when he hit his target. I decided to send Jack out to help them.

Alex was on a roll, her garrote extended in a dazzling, deadly ring around her, slicing any attackers within a three foot range.

Percy looked as if he was trying to be more involved in the fight, but the sight of my friends made his jaw drop and eyebrows rise.

We were both zapped with shock at the mess, which would have been our deaths if it wasn't for our gunslinger. Behind Percy, a zombie was sprinting his way towards him, axe raised. Before I could call WATCH OUT, a shot rang through the air, and the zombie collapsed.

The same thing happened to me not a second later.

We whipped behind us at the corpse, then looked up at the nearby cabin three. Saar Corbain stood on the ledge of the roof, guns in hand.

"Oi!" She called down "get your head in the game!"

She had to dive off the son of Poseidon's roof as a spear went sailing through the air she was standing in moments ago. She rushed up beside me, "Where have you been? We haven't seen you since last night."

"I had to help my cousin," I explained, dodging one arrow and jabbing a soldier. "Her friend was sick and the only way to help her was to get the next part of the quest. We have our next stop!"

"Great," she grunted, sending up a jagged shape of ice into a dangerous cluster of zombies and not sounding to thrilled. "We have to get out here!"

I looked through the sea of enemies and spotted a head of black hair. "Percy!" I called "We need a boat, we have our prophecy!"

Percy's face took on a look of panic an annoyance, as if to say now? Really?

He sprinted off towards the beach, but I didn't have time to focus on him, as Saar became desperate. She summoned the cabin Shadow's down on our opponents and us, the black ink roaring like a beast.

Suddenly, I couldn't breath. All my senses seemed to shut off. All I saw was darknesses, my hearing deafened by the shadows, a choking cold sensation ran through my body as I fell to my knees in pain. The shadows felt like a pressure pushing more and more on me, trying to kill me.