36 - Amusement

On Harry's fifth birthday, James goes just as over the top as he did last year. Though this year, along with all the decorations and presents, we're also going to a nearby amusement park. It's one that's mainly targeted at little kids, so there aren't that many big rides that Harry would be too small to go on. 

Sirius and Remus arrive at our house in the morning, and once Harry has finished opening his large pile of presents, we all head out. 

It doesn't take long for us to arrive at the theme park thanks to a little bit of magic. As we get closer and closer to the front of the queue, Harry, James and Sirius are all practically bouncing with excitement while Remus and I watch in amusement. 

We get in and go on pretty much the first ride we see. It's one that features a lot of spinning, and while it's quite fun, Remus feels rather nauseous after. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, sitting beside him on a bench as Sirius runs off to get him some water. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, I think it's just too close to the full moon, I was feeling a bit lightheaded this morning," He answers. "I'll be okay, but I don't think I should go on any more rides." 

"I'll stay with you," Sirius says, appearing with a bottle of water. Remus shakes his head before taking a quick drink. 

"It's fine, go have fun," He insists. 

"But-" 

"Sirius, I can keep him company," I offer. "You should still have fun, you were just as excited about coming here as Harry was." 

Sirius agrees to that. Remus and I remain sitting on the bench, waiting until Remus no longer feels like he's going to throw up. 

"You don't need to stay with me," Remus says after a while. "You should go have fun." 

"Believe it or not, I do have fun hanging out with you," I respond. "Besides, I know they've got an arcade here, so once you feel up to it, we can go win some prizes. That's my kind of fun." 

"All of those machines are rigged." 

"Only people who suck say things like that. I mean, I'm not denying that sometimes they're rigged, but not always." 

"Alright, let's go then, you can prove it," He says, standing up. 

"That sounds like a challenge." 

"It is." 

We both laugh and begin heading towards the arcade. 

I immediately go to proving Remus wrong. I win quite a lot of prize tickets from some machines, even hitting the jackpot on a couple. I even win a few teddies from claw machines just because I think they're cute - and also a little bit because Remus said claw machines are impossible to win and I had to prove him wrong there too. 

A little while later, Remus and I look over when we hear someone call our names. It's Harry, running over with James and Sirius close behind him. 

"Hey, we were gonna get some lunch," James says, pressing a kiss to my cheek. He then seems to notice the pile of tickets and teddies. "You've clearly had a successful day." 

"As it turns out, Y/n is very good at arcade machines," Remus says. 

"My nana - not the grandmother of mine you've met, this one was actually nice - used to take me to Blackpool a lot when I was a kid, she taught me how to play all these machines, they're everywhere there." 

"Awesome," James grins. 

I shove all the tickets into my bag, along with some of the teddies - I give one to Harry - and we go get lunch.