Vince's book - A small excerpt

~~*~~

~~*~~

I was sitting on a small chair in front of a piece of long mirror attached to the wall, holding my shirt tightly to my chest, my back bare except for the bra strap and my hair pushed over my left shoulder to the front.

He was crouching behind me, his attention solely on the wound he was treating on my back.

The room was silent, none of us speaking a word.

I could feel the soft cotton on my back and the burning sensation of medicine over my wound, soothed by the cool breeze caressing my skin.

Occasionally his calloused fingertips would graze my bare skin, keeping me on edge.

Unbeknownst to him, I was holding the kitchen knife in my right hand that I skillfully covered with the shirt I was holding tightly to my chest.

Should he make a false move, I would not hesitate to plunge the knife through his throat.

We may have accompanied each other for a few days, but that doesn't mean I trust this man.

He is the very epitome of danger and I'm not stupid enough to stay close to him.

Suddenly, an intense burning sensation on my wound startled me.

Instinctively, I hissed in pain.

He instantly moved the cotton away and blew over my wound.

The moment his mildly cool breath touched my bare skin, I froze, an abundance of tingles swirling in my lower abdomen, erupting goosebumps all over my body.

My breath hitched in my throat and I could feel my skin slowly catching temperature.

I realized he stopped what he was doing too and through the corner of my eye I caught him frozen, his eyes still cast down at my wounded back.

Slowly, he continued rubbing the cotton over my skin again and I couldn't bring myself to breathe.

I looked at the mirror and saw him having his usual neutral expression as ever as he continued what he was doing.

However, when I noticed keenly, his ears slowly started catching a shade of red. 

My eyes widened slightly, a pink hue creeping up my own cheeks.

I looked away, holding a breath at the base of my throat, a series of unknown tingles swarming in my abdomen, goosebumps evident on my bare skin, lips parted ever so slightly and my toes instinctively curling up.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SITUATION!

************************************************************
Vince is blushing? 🤣

The woman seems to be quite wary of him though. 😅

Well, this is a small excerpt as a bribe to soothe your waiting for a few more days. 😁

I'll start this book by the late weeks of December or right at the beginning of January for sure. 😊

Until then, do try my other book (only if you're comfortable).

Thank you, my dearest readers, for all your patience and support. ❤

Until next time,

Author.