Chapter 97

Third Person POV

"Where's Anna?", Angel asked with a small frown.

Theo and the boys froze in their place.

They didn't know how to answer that question.

Theo knew his sister was not in the position to take the truth, but there was no way they could lie about it either.

As he was in a dilemma, Riccardo intervened.

"What are you acting for, Angelina?", Riccardo asked sharply.

Angel slightly flinched at the hostility in the man's voice and looked at him.

"Dad-", Theo was saying, but Riccardo cut him off.

"Do you want me to believe that this girl really doesn't know that Aria is kidnapped, Theo? You may be blind because of your love for her, but I am not. The situation is too strange for me to believe that this girl is innocent.", Riccardo said coldly, looking at his son with a sharp gaze.

Angelina stiffened.

"K-Kidnapped?", she stuttered with a look of disbelief.

Theo clenched his jaw at their father's selfishness.

"Angel-", he started, but this time his aunt cut him off.

"What are you shocked about? Yes, my niece is kidnapped because you took her to that forest for god knows what reason. Or was it intentional?", Nina asked seriously with a hostile look.

Angelina didn't mind the lady's taunts. Her mind was slowly getting cleared off the haze of the medicine and memories of the previous night started to get more and more clearer.

The more the memories started to flash in her mind, the more her hand started to tremble.

Theo could feel the slight tremble in his sister's hand and sat down beside her.

He held her hand gently and squeezed it firmly to gain her attention, but she was just looking in the air without any reaction.

Angelina looked at Theo with a blank face, but he could see the changing emotions in her eyes.

"It's a lie, right?", she asked softly, a small crack in her voice, hope shining in her eyes.

Theo was in a tough spot.

He didn't know what to say. 

"Theo?", she called out, her voice getting thick with fear and her brows furrowing.

Theo was looking at his hand that was holding hers, not daring to look into his sister's eyes, worried that the distress in his eyes would give away the truth.

Angelina's heart started thumping loudly and her stomach sank with acute fear.

"T-Theo, say something.", she asked, hoping out of hope that he would deny it.

Every fiber in Angelina's body was pushing her to refuse the truth. She wouldn't believe it.

How could her sister be kidnapped?

There was no way.

If she was safe then even Aria had to be safe.

Angelina chuckled nervously.

"This is a joke, right? You all are playing some prank.", Angelina said with a forced smile, her lips trembling.

Fio looked away, unable to see her that way and so did the other brothers.

Theo had not yet lifted his eyes to look at her.

He just didn't know what would calm his sister down and how he was going to tell the truth.