Chapter 104

Third Person POV

Flashback (3 years ago.)

It was a very usual and routine day at school.

Angelina and Irene shared all the classes, Vince made sure they did.

Not having friends at school himself, he made sure his siblings wouldn't be left alone in any of the classes.

Angelina had always been a naughty and ever excited kid. She never missed a chance to rile up her friend and Irene, though annoyed at her friend's never relenting will to rile her up, she was very happy to have a friend like that.

They had been friends since kindergarten and the bond only grew stronger as years passed by.

It was the class before the lunch break and Angelina was drawing doodles in her book without paying attention to the teacher.

Irene, who was sitting beside her, was trying her best to pay attention to the class, but was heavily distracted by her friend's funny drawings.

"Angel, can you stop drawing!", Irene exclaimed in a whisper.

"I'm not interested in the class, it's boring. I'm not disturbing you at all anyway.", Angelina said with a huff.

"You are.", Irene countered.

"What did I do now?", Angel asked with a frown.

"Stop drawing.", Irene said seriously.

"Not happening.", Angel replied.

"It's distracting me.", Irene argued.

"How is my drawing in my book distracting you?", Angel asked, annoyed.

"I don't know. It just is.", Irene said with a huff.

"Ms. Marino, Ms. Craig, if you have anything to discuss, do so after the class.", the teacher admonished calmly.

Angelina and Irene averted their gaze in embarrassment.

"It's all your fault.", Irene whispered.

"You're the one who started it.", Angelina whispered back.

Before Irene could say anything, the teacher gave them a stern look.

A few minutes later, it was finally the lunch break.

Angelina and Irene continued arguing with each other and slowly the argument ceased and they subconsciously brought up a new topic to speak on.

That's precisely how their arguments always end.

The rest of the day went as usual and during the last period, Irene looked at her lazy friend who was trying her very best to listen to the teacher.

"Hey, Angel", she whispered.

"What?", Angelina asked.

"Come over to my house for a sleepover tonight.", Irene proposed.

Angelina's lazy form sat up straight in excitement.

"What's the occasion?", Angelina asked.

"Nothing special. Mom just reminded me that it has been long since we had a sleepover and that she misses you.", Irene said with a shrug.

"I miss Mrs. Craig's snacks too.", Angelina said with a smile.