Chapter 1

Arianna

"Arianna! Come down this instant.", yelled my mother.

I hurriedly went down, leaving the make-up , that I was applying to cover a bruise on my cheek.

"Yes, mom."

She was at the bottom of the stairs, holding her black shoes in her hands. That is when I remember that I forgot to polish her shoes. 

Sigh. 

This is not going to end well.

To say I'm scared is an understatement. My parents punish me for the smallest of things and they show no mercy while punishing.

"I clearly remember telling you to polish my black shoes. But I see you have not completed that task.", she says glaring at me.

I cast my eyes down, scared to look in her eyes when she is angry.

"I'm sorry mom. P-Please forgive me.", I stutter, with my voice giving away my fear.

"You don't learn, do you? I don't have time for you right now but when I come home in the evening, you're going to regret not completing your tasks.", she spats and goes to collect her other shoes.

My dad, who is standing at the door, snickers at me and walks out of the house, with my mother following him, slamming the door behind her.

I am terrified to even think about the punishment I'm going to get in the evening.

With the thoughts of my past punishments, I rush to my room, apply make-up to cover the bruises and rush to my school.

I have to walk for fifteen minutes to reach my school. Once I reach my school, I go to my locker, get my books and head towards my first class, History. I really am not interested in History and sometimes tend to sleep in the class, resulting in detention. But I can't afford detention as it leads to more punishment at home. Sigh.

I enter the class and take my usual seat, which is the fourth from the start.

I don't have any friends as my parents warned me to not make any friends at school. At first, few people tried to talk to me, but I had to ignore them as I didn't want to end up being punished. Slowly people stopped trying to speak to me and started ignoring me and sometimes calling me a weird freak.

The day at school goes as usual, with me being all alone without any friends and trying to not end up getting a detention. After eight hours, the school ends.

While walking home, each step feels heavy, remembering the morning's incident with mom. I am tired, physically and mentally, but still each nerve in my body trembles, imagining the punishment I'm going to get after reaching home.

After reaching my home, I step inside without making any noise, hoping they'd ignore me and let me go without any punishment.

"So you've finally come.", I hear my mom's voice from accross the living room. Dad is sitting on the couch watching something on TV.

I gulp and cast my eyes down, not wanting to keep eye contact with my mom.

"Go prepare dinner and wait for your punishment. Don't delay and make your situation worse", she snarls at me.

I quickly head to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

After preparing dinner, I inform them.

They sit at the dining table and I serve them their dinner and stand at a corner until they finish their dinner.

I know that I'm not going to get food for at least one whole day.

Sigh. I didn't even get my lunch as I used that money to buy a new notebook for assignment.

After completing dinner, they go to the living room and I know it is my queue to follow them. To say I'm scared is an understatement. I am terrified.

"Come here, bitch!", my mom yells at me.

I go and stand in front of them, while they are seated on the couch.

"So do you know why you're being punished?", my mom asks me in a mocking tone.

"I-I f-forgot to p-polish your sh-shoes.", I stutter trembling in fear.

My dad chuckles and stands up. I immediately took a step back.

"Stand still! You know the consequences of trying to run or escape the punishment, don't you?", he warns me in a cold tone, sending a chill down my spine.

I still in my place and look at the floor.

********Physical abuse ahead*******

He takes his belt and steps behind my back. By now I'm trembling like a leaf. My back is already sore from a beating two days ago.

He lands his belt harshly on my back and I scream due to the extreme pain.

My knees buckle and I fall on the ground.

"P-Please I-I'm sorry. I-I w-won't repeat i-it.", I beg my dad and mom to stop this torture.

But my mom only laughs and my dad hits me more hard. It is like they get a weird satisfaction with my pain.

He keeps hitting me and after some time I start seeing black dots.

*********Physical abuse complete********

After some more hits, the pain becomes too much and I give up, loosing my consciousness.

**************************************************************

So here is the first chapter of this book.

It is my first time writing and I wish you people will support and encourage me!

I can't say I'm satisfied with this chapter but I'll try my best in writing this book.

So, how was the chapter?

What are your views on Arianna ?

And what is your opinion on her parents?

After reading this chapter don't conclude that this is just like all other long lost sister stories.

Have patience till the other characters are introduced.

Please vote, comment and follow.

Yours lovingly, 

Author.