Chapter 110

Third Person POV

Flashback (3 years ago)

A small recap : Angelina is abducted by Hernan Romero and is kept captive in his warehouse and physically abused. Along with her, her head of security, Dave Hawkins, was also taken captive and was brutally tortured.

Two weeks have almost passed since the day she was abducted. There was no trace of any help coming her way.

She had been trying to meet her head of security, Dave, but she couldn't bring herself to see him, having been badly shaken the last time she saw him in his bloody state.

His skin was peeled, areas of his body suffered third degree burns and many other cuts and whip marks.

The very thought of what he looked like the previous time made bile rise up little Angelina's throat.

This was the reality of her family's business. She was slowly starting to understand since there was no day where she was left alone without people around her reminding her how her brother was way more brutal than they were being.

Angelina couldn't believe Vince would ever be involved in hurting people, but the reality was a harsh slap to her face.

She, however, wished that her brother would come soon for their rescue. She prayed everyday for strength and for the safety of Dave.

He had been a constant friend to her and listened to her talks during their drive to school and back. He had been by her side since her childhood and they shared a very deep friendship. She hoped he wouldn't suffer any longer and be safe until her brother comes.

She was jolted out of her thoughts when she heard a slight cracking sound of her door opening. 

She tried to sit up straight, leaning against the wall. 

A very young man walked to her and gestured to her to be quiet.

She furrowed her brows, but kept quiet, fearing he might hurt her already tired and wounded body.

"Look, if you want to meet that security guard of yours, then do it now. You might not get a chance again.", the man spoke slowly.

Angelina frowned and looked at him worriedly.

"Why?", she asked softly, worried.

"I can't tell all that. If you want to say anything to him, do it now.", he replied stoically.

"What if they hurt him because I talked to him?", she asked, scared.

The man pursed his lips.

"No one will see.", he said calmly.

He stood up and walked away, leaving the door open.

Angelina was scared, for herself and for Dave.

She didn't know if she should believe the strange man. But, she couldn't help herself from walking towards the open door.

She bit her lower lip to control her trembling legs and held on to the door.

Taking a deep breath, she walked out. Keeping herself as unnoticeable as possible, she walked to the staircase that led to the cellar.

Over the past week, she had learnt the way to the cellar. 

She stood at the top of the staircase, scared to take a step. 

She wanted to meet Dave, but at the same time, she was scared to see his brutally beaten body. Sweat trickled down her forehead, her heart beating fast and loud.