Chapter 98

Third Person POV

Vince rushed into the hospital with Aria in his arms.

As soon as he stepped in, a rolling bed was ready at the entrance with nurses and a doctor standing by it.

Aurelio had already informed the hospital management about the situation and they were waiting for Vince to arrive.

"Please lay her here, sir. We'll have to roll her to the emergency ward.", the doctor said.

Vince gently placed Aria on the bed, but still held her hand.

The doctor could see no emotion in the man's eyes, but his gestures and actions showed how worried he was.

"Sir, please let go of the hand. We need to hurry.", the doctor said calmly.

Vince was worried. He didn't want to let go of her hand.

"Sir", the doctor probed.

Vince clenched his jaw and let go of her hand reluctantly, but a faint tug startled him.

He looked at his hand and found Aria's hand wrapped faintly around his index finger.

His eyes softened just a tad bit. He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"I'll be right outside the door, Aria. You're safe now.", he whispered and moved back.

The nurses rolled the bed to the ICU and closed the door behind them.

Vince sat down on the waiting seats opposite to the ICU, staring straight at the door.

Cavin walked to his boss.

"Sir, your hand is bleeding. I'll go call a doctor.", he said calmly.

Vince didn't respond, he was just staring at the emergency unit door.

Cavin understood that his boss was worried and decided to call the doctor to treat his wounds.

A few moments later, he came back with a doctor who was a little tense to treat a Marino, that too the king himself.

"Sir, the doctor is here.", Cavin informed.

No response.

Cavin looked at the doctor and gave him a nod to treat the wound.

The doctor very carefully unwrapped the cloth around Vince's bicep and slowly started treating the wound.

All the while, Vince was intently staring at the door.

He was worried. Very worried for Aria's safety.

The image of Aria's horrible state kept flashing in his mind, driving him restless.

He was angry at himself.

Over and over again, his siblings were going through danger and he is not able to protect them from it.

He didn't understand where his mistake lay in protecting his family.

What more does he need to do to keep them safe?

He didn't find an answer.

He closed his eyes in anxiety.

"Just like how a father protects his kids, an elder brother should protect his younger siblings."

His mother had told him that.

Was he protecting his siblings?

He was not sure anymore.

First, Angelina, then Ash and now Aria.

He was failing again and again.

That's when a thought popped in his mind.