" I'm okay thanks" he said. I shrugged and just looked around. James stood up and reached for my hand.

 "I wanna show you something, come on" he said pulling me up.

He led us to a hilltop. We sat down and you could see all of the lights of people's houses and the city.

 "I go here when I need to clear my head" he said looking around.

 "Its pretty" I say. The view was amazing it makes you think, up here everyone looks so small, just shows how small you are compared to the world. 

"My dad used to take me up here" James said

 "He's too busy now, with my sister's"James said sadly. I squeezed his hand and smiled at him.

"Well if you want, I could come here with you, I know it's not the same" I say.

 "I would like that" he says smiling back at me. Even though I had only just met James a couple of days ago for some reason he felt like an old friend, someone who I felt I knew longer.

We stayed there for while before making our way back. We got to the gate and I gave James a hug.

 "Thanks you, for taking me there" I whispered in his ear

 "Hey, your welcome I enjoyed it anyway" he said smiling at me when we pulled away.

 "I'll see you around maddie"James said before leaving. 

"Hey Maddie, how was your walk?" Colin asks as I walk into the living room.

 "Good, this place is pretty at night" i say

 "Yeah, it is" Colin says

I nod and said good night before walking to my bedroom. I stop outside roses room when i hear Scarlett's soft voice. She was reading rose a book and cuddling her. I sighed before going into my room and shutting the door behind me a bit too loud. I jump onto my bed and scream into the pillow. I want to go home! This is all too much. I don't want to live with Scarlett. I don't want to be in America. I want to be in England, with Allie and becca and Charlie not here with some woman who doesn't give a fuck about me. I don't want to be here. She doesn't care, she's too busy with her other daughter. I'm not her little girl anymore. me and dad wasn't good enough for her, so she went and got a new husband and a new daughter. 

My eyes become blurry and my breathing speeds up. I can't breathe. I can't see. Shit! I need Allie or becca or charlie but there in England. Shit! I don't know what to do. I can't breathe. I want my aunts! I want to go home!

I feel someone take my hand into their own.

 "Baby I need you to breathe for me" shit! No Scarlett. I dont want you! But I do in a way?

 "Baby, look at me and follow my breathing" she says. I look at her and follow her exaggerated breathing. My head hurts. I can finally breathe better now. I feel exhausted.

 I look at Scarlett and she looks at me. We just stare at eachother for a bit. Ugh why can't I hate her? She looks worried. Why is she worried? Shit! did i wake up rose?

 "How you feeling baby?" She asks concerned . Is this an act? I mean she's an actress. I don't say anything. She's still holding my hands. I let go. She too close. She can't be this close. I stand up and go to the bathroom. I need to breathe. I can't breathe with her there. She's too close too me. 

I open the door and she's still there sat on my bed but this time with water and a packet of pills.

 "This has been a lot hasn't it?" She asks as I sit on my bed furthest away from her as I can. I nod my head.

 "I'm sorry Maddie. Everyone's just excited to see you" she says sadly. I feel guilty. I know there excited and I guess I should be too?

 "Its okay" I whisper.

She nods and gives me the water bottle. I take a big chug of it and hand it back to her.

 "There your sleeping pills, your dad says you have to take them before you go to sleep" I nod. I already know this.

 "I know you didn't skip class because you were ill" she says smiling at me. Huh? How?

 "Its okay Maddie. Your not in trouble. This has been a lot and you needed a break. It okay to take a break" she says softly. I look up at her. why does she have to be so nice?

 "Why are you doing this?" I ask quietly.

 She doesn't say anything for a minute.

 "Because I'm your mom and because I've missed so much of your life maddie" 

 "And because your my daughter. Your remind me of myself. Your a good kid Maddie and I don't think you see that" she continues.

 "You don't know me" I say coldly. She nods.

 "I know I dont" she says moving close to me and holding my hand, I let her and look into her green, kind eyes. "But I want to Maddie, I want to get to know you maddie. If only you'd let me" 

 "Your a bit late" I say quietly taking my hands from her.

 She nods and smiles sadly before leaving the room.

what did she expect? Me to open my arms to her and tell her everything about me. No! She left. I was a kid. I'm not letting her get me attached to just leave. No! I'm not putting myself in that position again.

________________________________________________________________________________

HOW SAD! SORRY!

STAY SAFE BABES LOVE YA 😘