Unskilled Labor

Carla
I can't believe Ray made sure that I was given the wrong address and keys to an apartment that was poorly maintained and came furnished. All of it was shabby and worn out. The bedding was the only new things besides linens. My things were in boxes, I didn't notice that the boxes had Carla's things and bathroom and bedroom and then all the other rooms. He gave me some of the pots and pans. I see he kept the new pots and pans that he bought for Anastasia for wherever they are living now. I don't know where they are living now. I am sure it is better than this place. Jason is working for a very wealthy family and is living in a fantastic home close to theirs. Ray had told Anastasia this before we moved here. He bought me a good used car before we left Montesano. I rode with the movers to my place and the car was pulled behind the moving van. Ray made sure he gave me money before I left. I thought it was a bit much for just moving to Seattle. I signed the contract for the apartment sight unseen and for a three month period. Ray worked out this deal with them. Apparently his new boss had just bought the building and they would be renovating the place and it would take six months in total. I didn't know Ray had it in him to do this to me the mother of Anastasia Rose Steele. Ray knows Anastasia is not his biological daughter, but he damn well forced me to let him adopt her. His attorneys made me sign a prenuptial agreement along with signing the adoption paperwork before he would go through with the signing of the marriage license. Now he is suing me for custody and he can get it. The divorce leaves me with nothing at all. The money in the bag he handed me will have to do until I find a job or a rich man. Five thousand dollars won't last long and I need to find a bank to setup a checking account and savings as well. I need food and the movers finally put things away for me. I handed them two hundred dollar tip. Luckily Ray paid for the moving completely.

Carrick
Ray Steele's wife signed the divorce papers with no contest. The custody papers were finally signed after negotiations with Carla. We asked Anastasia about who she wanted to live with and she said Ray. I knew the answer and why. I look at the medical records of Anastasia's and no one could prove anything and Carla's stories were credible. But Anastasia fell only when Carla and her were alone in their home. Anastasia was sound asleep when she was injured and she thought that Carla had pulled her off her bunk bed by her feet. It was her word against Carla's in each case. Carla should be behind bars.

Grace
I knocked a file off Carrick's desk in his home office and see what looks like a young child who has been abused. He closes up the file and tells me not to get any ideas because it is a client of his adopted daughter. I promise to stay out of it unless she ends up in my ER. I came to discuss Christian with him. I saw what looks like someone used a belt or a whip on him when I took his laundry to his room. He covered up and I tried to ask him about the marks and he just said he had a very horrible nightmare where he was getting hit by a belt or a whip. I let it go but knew he was lying.

Carrick
We need to keep a closer eye on him just in case something else is happening without our knowledge. Elliott might have some idea what is going on with Christian. I might have a chat with Elliott very soon and I will bring Grace in as my buffer and leverage a little guilt out of Elliott to get him to spill the beans. The housekeeper has mentioned an odor on Elliott's clothing but we haven't found the pot in his room. I think it is time to search the bedrooms, even ours for hiding places. I have a few thoughts since our last search. Grace said we aren't searching everywhere. I think we need to get our air ducts cleaned again. Especially in the bedrooms. We can do it while the children are in school.

Grace
I agree with Carrick and we set it up and we are going to search all the vents right before the company arrives to clear everything from the vent ducts. It's a great cover story.

Carla
I see a help wanted sign in a beauty salon called Esclava and I go inside to apply for the job of sweeper. I get this look from the receptionist who says aren't you a little old to be a sweeper? I tell her I just need it as a temporary job as I just arrived in Seattle and I want to work my way up if I can.

Receptionist Mindy Fredericks
Oh goodie another one that will be promoted before I am. I call Elena to the front to interview this woman. I have to say she's very attractive and she could attract customers if they thought we could make them look like her.

Elena Lincoln
I walk out of my office after checking the camera on the reception desk. I see a well built woman standing looking out of the salon window. Mindy must think that I should come look at this applicant for some reason. She could do the sweeper job interview and hire the person. So I walk to meet my newest employee for the customer care in the back. She said the woman is desperate for a job and thinks she can work her way up from sweeper. Poor woman another fly in the web.

I greet mrs Steele and Mindy is right she will draw in more business. So I take her to my office and have her sign an employment contract and explain to her how she be working for Esclava. I have Mindy take down the sweeper wanted sign. I can get that done by Mindy if needed. My way of keeping her in her place. I hand mrs Steele her work uniform and explain we might change it up for special occasions. I explain those to her failing to mention that it would be all male customers.