- 33 -

"Jacob. She's doing great." Edward says and Jacob breathes in through his nose.

"Yeah. Let's not push it though."

Bella frowns as she looks at Jacob. "What's your problem?"

"Yeah, Jacob, what is your problem?" Abigail says at the same time as Rosalie says: "Oh. Do tell her, Jacob." Both wearing smirks.

"This should be good." Emmett jokes as he wraps an arm around Abigail.

"Hold on a second." Edward mutters as he takes Renesmee from Bella.

"Bella. Look, it's a wolf thing." Bella narrows her eyes.

"What's a wolf thing?" Her voice cold.

"Um... You know we have no control over it. We can't choose who it happens with. And it doesn't mean what you think, Bella. I promise."

"Take Renesmee out of the room." Bella starts to look angry. Edwards comes up behind her and touches her shoulder but Bella immediately holds up a hand. "Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you." Edward quickly takes his hand away. Furious with Jacob, Bella grabs hold of him and throws him out of the house. "You imprinted on my daughter?"

"It wasn't my choice!" He tries in defense and Abigail rolls her eyes as she looks at Emmett.

"She's a baby!"

"It's not like that. You think Edward would let me live if it was?"

"I'm still debating it." Edward yells towards the two.

"I've held her once! One time, Jacob! And already you think that you have some moronic wolfy claim on her? She's mine!" Bella strikes Jacob hard in the face and Leah and Seth in their wolf form come out of the woods.

"It's fine, Leah." Jacob says as he holds out a hand as a sign for her to stop.

"You're gonna stay away from her." Bella points a finger at him and Jacob sighs softly.

Jacob sighs. "You know I can't do that." Bella punches Jacob hard in the stomach and he falls down.

"Stop her, Edward." Esme begs softly and Edward simply smiles.

"He said it's fine. She's amazing, right?" Abigail chuckles, and Emmet wraps an arm around her in comfort. Both had talked about this moment for the last few days and they both agreed that they would have killed him. But it wasn't their choice.

"Do you remember how much you wanted to be around me 3 days ago? That's gone now, right?" Bella growls at Jacob.

"Long gone." Bella seethes.

"Because it was her. From the beginning it was Nessie who wanted me there." Bella's eyes widen as she hears the nickname for the little girl.

"Nessie? You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?" Bella moves towards Jacob in anger, but Seth in his wolf form attacks her. Bella pushes him aside easily and he hits the tree before falling to the ground in pain. Abigail gasps and turns to rush towards the young wolf but Emmett grabs her arm. It wasn't their fight.