- 32 -

Emmett had a way of getting Abigail's mind off of the things that she wanted. He knew that it wasn't a good idea for her to see Linda, to smell her, to hear the blood pump through her veins.

Abigail had no idea what rafting had been, but it had been extremely exhilarating. Navigating a raft through a quick streaming river with rocks everywhere, nothing she had ever done had come close to the rush she had felt from that.

"You know you can't die from crashing into the rocks." Emmett says as he puts the car into the garage and gets out, quickly walking to Abigail's side to open the door.

"Right." She suddenly says. Of course she had known, she just hadn't felt it. It had made the whole experience all the more exciting. "Also a good thing that I had you to protect me." She says with a big smile before grabbing his hand and getting out of the car. "Big strong man, making sure I would get out of the water alive."

Emmett closes the door behind her but keeps his hand exactly where it was.

"I'd save you every day if I had to." He mutters as he leans in a little closer. Abiga feels the side of the car in her back and butterflies erupt in her chest as Emmett puts his other hand - with hers still in it - slightly above her.

"Yeah?" She asks him. "Even if it was due to my own mistake." Emmett chuckles before leaning in closer.

"After laughing of course." The gap between them closes and it doesn't take long before Emmett let's go of her hand as his' were holding her tightly. She jumps up slightly and he understands that he has to support her legs.

Something about making out against the car in the garage was even more exciting to Abigail, knowing they could get caught any moment.

"They're almost back."

They stop mid-kiss and turn their heads towards Lukas who is standing in the doorway with a big smirk.

"And?" Emmett asks, his voice a few tones lower than usual and Abigail tries to hide her smile.

"You might want to be present for that?" He shrugs and leans against the doorpost.

"You couldn't wait to tell us, could you?" Emmett sighs as he lets go of Abigail who easily hops down on the floor.

"We were voting on who would go, I won." His smirk only broadens and Abigail walks towards him with a glare.

"You do know that Bella is not the only new born, right?" His smirk disappears and a moment later, so does he.

"I love you." Emmett mutters in Abigail's right ear as he wraps his arms around her from the back, immediately taking her back to just a few moments ago.

She turns around and tries to kiss him but he purses his lips and closes his eyes.

"We do have to see Bella and Edward." He quickly says. A sigh is heard in response.

"Fine, I guess." Abigail frowns. "What do you think she'll be like?" Abigail looks at Emmett and he shrugs with a smirk.

"Still a klutz." Abigail jokingly pushes Emmett but laughs anyway.

They had waited long enough to see Bella be turned into something she had wished for for so long. Abigail grabs his hand and pulls him up the stairs before stopping him and placing a hand on his chest, slowly trailing it down. "But next time," she says before whispering the next words. "I'm not stopping for anyone." She turns and leaves a flabbergasted and bothered Emmett behind.

They were just in time to see the two walking up to Jacob who is standing outside, waiting to see if Bella was a threat to Renesmee. Abigail didn't believe she was and half of the family agreed with her, it was her own daughter after all. But it was about the other half this time. Because, what if..

"You're still here."

"So are you." Bella's smile was unsure but also glad as she sees Jacob.

"I didn't expect you to seem so you. Except for the creepy eyes." Abigail purses her lips, he had also made a mention about her eyes and to this day, she still felt uncomfortable looking in the mirror and seeing them. Emmett wraps an arm around her, knowing this.

"I would keep my distance for now."

"It's safer for the baby to see how you do with me first." Bella frowns.

"Since when do you care about Renesmee?"

"All right." Jacob says, ignoring Bella's question. "Take a whiff."

"Well, I can see what everyone's been talking about. Jake, you really do stink."

"You guys really look great together."

"Want to come meet our daughter?" Edward asks and after seeing the lit up eyes of Bella, Abigail removes herself from the window to stand closer to Renesmee.

"Welcome to the family."

"You look amazing, Bella."

"Someone's been waiting to meet you." Edward says and he glances towards Rosalie. "Rose." She turns around and Bella's face says it all.

"She's beautiful." Bella holds her daughter who raises her little hand towards Bella's face. The newest vampire of the family looks confused as her eyes haze over a little bit. "What was that?"

"She showed you the first memory she has of you."

"Showed me?" Bella looks at Edward with confusion. "How?"

"How do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future?"

"She's gifted." Abigail replies with a shrug.

"I've only been out for two days?"

"Her growth rate is unprecedented." Carlisle softly says.

"All right. That's enough experimenting for one day." Abigail narrows her eyes and her nostrils flare as she hears Jacob utter those words, but she also notices Bella's reaction which didn't leave anything to the imagination of what was going to happen next.