⇢ Budding Love ೃ࿔

Jungkook's hands felt sweaty. His mind kept jumping back and forth from the present to the night before. Even though he wanted to deny how good it felt for Taehyung to be so gentle with him he couldn't and he knew he should've been angry. A part of him wanted Taehyung to accept him though. He wanted Taehyung's approval. Now his crush was undeniable and just thinking about seeing Taehyung today made his heart excited and body weak.

He stood at the front of the school smoking a cigarette. His other hand sat comfortably in his pocket and the cold air made the puffs he took feel fresh.

Before the cigarette burnt his fingers, he took one last blow and dropped it to the floor. He pulled his bag up his shoulder, as it was falling off and stomped it out. Just as he was about to walk through the gate his body froze upon Taehyungs arrival.

"So smoking is what we're doing?"

Jungkook scoffed "I've BEEN smoking. Get a grip.."

Taehyung chuckled. Jungkook could feel the older's eyes dancing over his body. Jungkook cleared his throat, and looked away. No matter how much he wanted to be mean, he knew Taehyung had the ability to reveal his secret. "You do so well at keeping up that act yknow."

"Huh?" Jungkook looked up at Taehyung for the first time during their encounter.

"This bad boy act.." Jungkook's confusion died down and his face turned a soft pink. He bit his lips and breathed in "it's not an act"

Taehyung laughed this time. Jungkook didn't realize but Taehyung did. He noticed how much calmer Jungkook was compared to before. Before when he had a secret to protect.

Without saying anything more he walked off leaving Jungkook confused once again. 'What's that supposed to mean..?' Jungkook thought to himself. It made him feel a little uneasy, but he knew for sure that he did a terrible job at convincing Taehyung. Yet Taehyung didn't seem to be judging at all and a part of him loved that possibility.

Pulling himself from his thoughts Jungkook ran up to Taehyung. Keeping the pace two steps behind the older. Jungkook didn't know what to do. The closer he was the warmer the cold air outside felt. He kept his eyes down, but the minute they got to the door of the school building he walked faster and passed Taehyung. Maybe there was an act. No there was an act. An act that saved his high school life and saved him from bullying. He greeted the usual people in the hallways and headed to class.

Taehyung watched Jungkook in awe. He knew he wasn't the boy he was at school and a part of him was starting to regret misjudging the younger. The other part wanted to see Jungkooks other side more often. It was Taehyung's turn to catch up to Jungkook. Instead of running he walked, and before time he was right next to Jungkook. He threw his arm around the younger male and pulled him close. Jungkook felt his airway lose its usual flow. His face was getting red and the last thing he needed was for anyone to know he had a crush on Taehyung. He threw Taehyungs arm off and looked at the older in fake disgust "the fuck are you doing?" Jungkook didn't realize how loud he was and before he knew it the entire hallway was looking at him. Flustered the younger male sped off down the hallway and disappeared into the bathroom.

Taehyung on the other hand wasn't fazed. He was used to this kind of Jungkook. Taehyung's new goal was to break the bad boy act Jungkook had going on and oh was he going to do that.
_________

"Who told you to sit next to me??" Jungkook asked in an angry tone. Both boys were outside. Jungkook was washing the chocolate pudding he dumped on Taehyung, out of his hair. Jungkook seemed angry but deep down he felt bad for dumping his lunch on him. He shook his head as flashbacks of the entire lunch room turning to look at them ran through his mind.

"Sitting next to someone at lunch is normal. Dumping your lunch because someone sits with you is not." Taehyung shot back. It was the first time in a long time Taehyung got serious with him and it made Jungkook a little uncomfortable. He shifted to his other feet, huffing.

"It is if you don't like that person." There was a slight pause before Taehyung pulled back and ran his fingers through his wet locks, pushing his hair slicked back.

"And you don't like me?" It was a question but it sounded more like Taehyung believed the opposite more than what Jungkook would've replied with.

Jungkook swallowed. "Yes- I mean no. Fuck of course I don't like you."

Taehyung smiled a bit, watching Jungkook walk away. The faint scoff he heard from behind amused him. The older felt a bit satisfied with the outcome. Nothing amused him more than teasing Jungkook.

Taehyung wasn't the only one who enjoyed the encounter. Even though the younger male refused to admit it, he felt extremely relieved Taehyung was cool about his hobbies outside of school, though, a part of him still feared the worse.
_________

It was finally the end of the school week. Taehyung had nothing planned. Except to bother Jungkook, considering he was in front of Jungkook's house. He rang the doorbell a few times more. For the twentieth time now. It seemed Jungkook knew it was him and refused to open the door.

The now blonde, knew exactly who it was. The only people who visited him were Taehyung and Jimin. Jimin had a key.

"JUNGKOOK OPEN THIS DOOR OR ILL SNITCH TO THE ENTIRE SCHOOL THAT YOU LIKE DRE-"

Before he could finish the door swung open. He guessed that did the trick. The older walked right in. Jungkook sighed a little annoyed. He felt like Taehyung wouldn't leave him alone. Not that he didn't secretly like it.

After they both got in, Taehyung looked around at the house. It seemed a bit more clean than last time. Jungkook must've did his Saturday cleaning. He looked back at the blonde.

"Oh wow.."

"Wow?"

Jungkook looked away. His ribbons falling down in front of his shoulders as he turned his head to the side. Jungkook was wearing some pink low rise boy cut shorts and a simple pink hoodie. He felt the older's eyes on him and Jungkook felt warmer the more Taehyung ogled.

Taehyung's face turned a slight shade of rose. He forced his eyes to look up at Jungkook's face and that's when he realized Jungkook's was flustered. "I'm sorry.."

Jungkook shook his head. A slight awkward silence graced the room. Jungkook took it upon himself to break the silence and gestured shyly to his room. "Only if you want.." Jungkook's heart started beating and he was starting to regret his offer. He was about to call it off when Taehyung hummed and started walking up the stairs. Jungkook followed behind.

Taehyung could feel the difference in energy. He almost felt as if he broke Jungkook out of his shell slready, but he knew it'd change the minute they got to school.

When they got to the room. Taehyung locked the door behind him and that frightened Jungkook.