❝ The annoucement ❞

the morning after the proposal, calliope found herself staring at her reflection in the mirror, her brown hair messy, wearing one of Billy's t-shirts and no pants, a diamond ring placed on her ring finger, reminding her every couple of seconds that she was engaged.

she needed to get ready before Billy got home, they were going out to dinner with Stu and Sidney to tell them the news of their engagement, but her nerves were so shot. Even though Sidney and Billy's relationship ended years ago, she absolutely dreaded telling her about the engagement. Still some part of her deep down felt like her and Billy getting together was wrong, she got with her sisters ex-boyfriend and was now going to be marrying him. Not to mention the whole ordeal with her sister trying to sabotage their relationship, what if she did the same to their wedding?

calliope didn't know why all of this was hitting her now out of all times but, it was. She was thinking about it. Dating was one thing, but marriage, maybe a family? a soft sigh escaped her lips as she turned from the mirror and walked over to the shower, twisting the knob to the right causing water to fall from the shower head. She turned it on hot before pulling Billy's tee-shirt up and off her body, quickly discarding it to the side, then completely stripped herself before stepping into the shower, allowing the hot water to fall down her back and the rest of her body.

hot showers helped Calliope relax, especially when she was stressed. maybe that's all she needed, was a long hot shower.

♡ ♡ ♡

a few hours passed by. calliope had managed to calm her nerves enough to get dressed. she wore a long black dress with a slit in the side, a pretty heart shaped necklace Billy had given her at one time and curled her hair. as for makeup she stuck to the basics, just mascara and some lip gloss. she never tried to do more than that because it could get messy.

as soon as Billy was ready, he called up to her from the bottom of the stairs. "Callie!" He called. "They're on their way to the restaurant are you ready?"

No.

But she wasn't going to say that. She didn't need billy to know about her worries or make him think she didn't want to marry him, because she definitely did. It was just the nerves and that's what she was telling herself.

Inhaling sharply, calliope slid in her black heels and fixed herself in the mirror one last time before walking out of the bedroom and down the stairs where billy was waiting for her at the bottom. his eyes scanned her body, moving from her hair, down her dress and shoes. she looked absolutely breathtaking.

"Wow." Billy spoke, almost breathless as she walked down the stairs and mustered up a soft smile. "Ready?" She asked, as if her nerves were threatening to climb out of her body and spill onto the floor.

"Ready." Billy said, smiling as he opened the front door for her and watched her walk outside to the car.

Billy made sure to walk over to the passenger side and open the car door for her, making sure she was fully in before shutting the door and heading to the drivers seat, quickly starting up the car and buckling up to head to the restaurant.

The drive wasn't too long. The two talked about how they thought the others were going to react to their engagement. Billy only hoped that they'd just be happy for them and avoid any unnecessary drama. He hadn't been with Sidney in years so it's not like it should really matter.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, billy parked the car and turned to look at calliope as he grabbed her hand, noticing her anxious look just by the way she was biting on her bottom lip. She only did that when she was nervous and he knew that. "Hey. You okay?" He asked, his brown eyes scanning over her facial features.

a soft sigh left her lips as she turned away from Billy's gaze and swallowed hard. "Yeah. Just.. nervous. I don't want Sid to react bad.."

so they were thinking the same thing. Billy reached over and grabbed calliopes face gently, his fingers tracing against her jaw. "It's gonna be fine, shes got Stu remember?"

He made a good point. But she also had Stu years ago when she tried to ruin their relationship, so she didn't put anything past Sidney. "Yeah." She huffed. "I guess." without saying another word she pulled from Billy's touched and opened the car door, stepping out quickly and wiping off her dress to make sure no fuzz or anything got on it and shut the passenger door.

Billy wished he would've just killed sidney and been done with it. But then calliope would've hated him. It was a lose lose. He threw his head back against the seat and huffed. Sidney better not start shit, or he would think about killing her for real. Regardless of the consequences that came with it.

Finally stepping out of the vehicle. Billy got out and shut the driver door, hitting the button twice to lock the car before walking around to calliope and grabbing her hand, intertwining their fingers together as they made their way into the restaurant.

"Four for loomis." Billy said to the host, who quickly grabbed menus. "Follow me, your party just arrived and is waiting for you." The male said and led billy and calliope to the table where Stu and Sidney sat. They were both dressed up as well with smiles on their faces.

As the two approached the table, billy pulled the chair out for Calliope to sit down. Once she did, he pushed the chair in and then sat down himself. "Can I get you all started with something to drink? My name is David I'll be taking care of you all today." The waiter spoke as he got out his notepad and a pen.

The four told him their drinks, in which he walked off and left the four alone briefly so they could talk. "So. What's with all of this?" Stu finally asked as his hand laid on Sidney's thigh for comfort.

"Well.." billy began, trailing off as he looked over at calliope who was looking back at him, a soft smile placed on her lips as she reached over and gave Billy's thigh a quick squeeze. "We asked you guys to join us today because.. we're engaged."

Stu and Sidney's eyes went wide. Sidney clasped a hand over her mouth as she looked over at Stu. "Are you serious? You two are getting married?" She asked as she dropped her hand to her side, a wide grin plastered on her lips. "That's so great I'm so happy for both of you, really."

Billy kept glancing at calliope, her reaction seemed genuine so he hoped that would help lighten his fiancés mood. But before he could say anything, Stu spoke up.

"Yeah.. funny enough, Sidney and I are engaged too.. happened last night."

Billy and calliope looked each other, their mouths open in the shape of an O as they turned to look at Sidney and Stu. They also got engaged last night.

"So did we..." calliope finally spoke up, the table falling quiet as they all looked at each other with shocked expressions.

They got engaged on the same day.