Lifting A Naked Woman

I got permission from Beta Wyatt, who let me leave the party immediately.

I fell into bed and tried to stop thinking about everything that happened in the past, but I couldn't; everything kept pouring into my brain and stirring me up in a bad way.

I huffed and angrily took off my gown, entered the bathroom, and soaked myself in the bathtub after preparing it.

I sighed and used my finger to trace the ugly red and black scars on my flat stomach, shoulder, chest, and lap.

I knew there would be many scars on my back as well; they'd be far uglier.

I closed my eyes, wrapped my hand around myself, and kept on recalling everything.

If Alpha Henry later knows that what he termed as death punishment helped save my life, will he regret it?

It was all thanks to his death punishment that I found my strange acting mate and the most important person, Beta Wyatt.

Besides, there appears to be a mystery revolving around me that I didn't know about, which I might need to find out while learning how to fight to be a warrior in the power axis.

I wondered what the mystery was.

Although I tried to ask about the secret that was being hidden from me, whenever I tried to, some people would pop up, which would distract our attention or end up with Beta Wyatt teasing me.

I massaged my head and blinked my eyes, enjoying the calmness. It's been a long time since I enjoyed such calmness.

Every moment of calmness I enjoyed in the Red Flame Pack was always accompanied by a wrenching punishment that always made me regret enjoying it.

I think I was fast asleep when a distant and worried voice suddenly drifted into my ears.

Immediately, a warm hand wrapped around my shoulder and the other one below my knees before they lifted me out of the water.

Water!

My consciousness returned immediately upon recollecting the water. I must've fallen asleep in the bathtub, which means the person carrying me out must be…

“Is it fun to pretend to be asleep?” Beta Wyatt's calm voice sounded next to my ear, which made my eyes fly wide open.

Realizing that I was still naked, I squealed and quickly pushed myself away from him.

I jumped down from him and quickly wrapped my hand around myself to cover my body.

“How can you lift a naked woman out of the water just like that?” I yelled and hurriedly used a blanket to wrap my hand around myself while chiding myself for being so stupid as to fall asleep in the bathtub.

If I hadn't fallen asleep in the bathtub, none of this would have happened.

“Thought you wanted to commit suicide.” He replied, which made me roll my eyes.

“If I wanted to commit suicide, I'd stab myself with a silver knife… Ah, I forgot. That won't work, but I won't commit suicide.” I assured him and wrapped the sheet around myself.

“Sorry, I overreacted.” He apologized. “I was shocked to see you in that position, and after calling you and hearing no response, I thought you wanted to…”

Even though Wyatt didn't complete his explanation, I knew he must've thought I wanted to commit suicide.

After all, that's the lie I made up back in his Villa in the mountains.

And hearing his explanation made me ashamed.

None of what happened was Wyatt's fault.

If it weren't for me falling asleep in the bathroom and lying that I committed suicide, none of this would have happened.

I bowed my head in shame, “I'm sorry.” I whispered, and he waved indifferently, and it made me respect him more. He didn't even take advantage of my naked self, nor did he act like he had just seen a naked girl.

“Right. Why are you here?” I questioned him, and his tall figure began to make his way toward the door.

“You didn't eat anything at the party. I brought you dinner to eat before you fell asleep.” He explained with calmness.

I bit my lower lips and chided myself repeatedly. I felt like smacking myself for the stupid mistake I made. Beta Wyatt was thinking all about me, and I chose to blame him instead of calmly asking what happened first.

Wyatt must have knocked on my bedroom door, and when he didn't receive a reply, it must have made him worried, so he opened the door. Ugh.

Despite the anger rushing through me, I managed to keep my expression at bay. I feigned a calm smile and said, “Thank you. I'll dress up and come down to eat.”

Wyatt nodded to me in reply and walked out. He was about to shut the door when he suddenly stopped.

I tilted my head in confusion, but before I could ask what was wrong, I heard him say: “If one shouldn't lift a naked woman in the water, then I won't have saved you.” He smirked mischievously, which made my face grow hot.

How can he talk like this?

“I don't regret it.” He suddenly eyed me from head to toe with a naughty smirk, which made me clutch the blanket tighter. My heart rate increased, and I feared that I might pass out.

“Beautiful body, by the way.” Completing his words, he closed the door gently, which made me gasp.

My eyes widened in shock. “Damn! He didn't just say that, did he?” I let out a gasp, my heart beating in a rush.

Maia snorted at me, 'That's not the big issue. He meant that he had seen us naked, not only once.'

“Goddess, he was the one who saved me that day, which means he must have. Argh.” I bent slightly and ruffled my hair furiously. I've never felt as embarrassed as I currently do.

“Ah. I feel so ashamed.” I cried out dramatically.

I was filled with shame whenever I recalled the event that happened: my dressing up, which should have taken me less than 10 minutes, was dragged out for thirty minutes.

I clutched the doorknob tightly, my face hotter than it had ever been, my lips quivering dramatically. “Ugh. I don't have the face to see him. My heart keeps pounding abnormally.” I rubbed my chest with a dejected sigh and leaned against the door, refusing to leave.

'Then let's starve, then.' Maia proposed in a high-pitched voice.

I shook my head like a rattle drum and rejected her suggestions immediately, saying, “Not plausible. He had gone to such lengths to fetch me dinner at such a late hour…”

'The food might have turned cold at this rate.' Maia mocked, which made my eyes widen in agreement.