SIX FEET DEEP

A hand suddenly grabbed my chin albeit gently and a warm liquid which I recognized as herbal soup poured down my throat.
At the bitter taste, I coughed loudly and spit it out immediately.

Soon, my face knitted into a frown due to bewilderment and the pain that was coursing through my body.

I was thrown down the cliff by the two guards, I hit a giant rock headfirst before I fell into the ocean underneath the cliff.

I ended up losing consciousness due to pain and suffocation and I believe that I should be dead by now, yet I don't understand what was going on. Do dead people feel pain?

After exerting my strength, my eyes which seemed to be as heavy as lead finally flew wide open. I glanced at the room I was in.

I find myself in a room painted white and filled with lavender fragrance. Except for the soft bed I was lying on and a drawer that was placed next to the bed, the room was empty.

A spoon appeared in my view which made me glance at the side; I saw a lady in her twenties dressed in a white half-apron coupled with a black skirt. She wore a lace headpiece and black high heels.

"You're awake." She said softly and gestured the spoon to me. I shook my head and tried to sit up, but a wave of pain rushed through my body which added to the dull headache I was having, making me wince and return to my original position.

"The doctor instructed you to take a bowl of herbal soup if you want to heal quickly." The maid muttered, which deepened my frown.

"Where am I?" I questioned in a hoarse voice.

"At my master's villa deep in the mountain. Master saw your floating body during his boat ride, and he saved you." The maid replied and I nodded in understanding.

"I'll take it." I stretched out my hand and began to take the bitter herbal soup while suppressing my urge to barf.

The maid quietly stood still while watching me intently as if she wanted to make sure I didn't spit any of the soup out.
After drinking the soup completely, I handed the bowl over to the maid who gave me a glass of water in return.

"I'll call the doctor over." The maid mentioned and left the room immediately.

I clenched my fist hard with happiness and disbelief, my heart beating in a hurry. I couldn't believe that I managed to keep my life despite all my uncle did.

I thought I died, but the moon goddess ended up giving me a second chance to free myself from my uncle and the red flame pack. I promised to treasure my life well.

"Alpha Henry." I clenched my fist hard with bitter emotions running through me. "I swear I would make sure you and your family pay for all you have done to me heavily," I swore silently.

I kept my mouth shut upon hearing footsteps and soon a handsome young man coupled with the maid entered the room.

The handsome young man seemed to be in his twenties and his handsomeness made my heart skip a beat.

He had brown eyes, a long and pointed nose coupled with thin red lips, and a gentle smile on his perfectly carved face.

I can't help but hold my breath as the handsome doctor checked my health with a warm smile on his face. His patchouli scent invades my nose.

The doctor seemed to feel my nervousness, and he flashed me a deep smile, "Calm down, mi amor." He said softly, which produced a red on my face.

How can he call a stranger like me mi amor?
Immediately, he said so, the maid smacked his head playfully, "Stop it, you flirt." The maid rolled her eyes.