My Mate Is Dead

I didn't need someone to tell me about that pressure. Alpha Oswald! My legs grew weak. The pressure was harsher than anything he had ever used on me. His searing gaze stuck to my body.

Suddenly, Beta Wyatt's hand moved to my back. His hand wrapped around my waist and drew me closer to him, which made me let out a gasp.

What is Beta Wyatt doing?

“Stay next to me all the time; you're my partner for the night.” Wyatt lowered his head close to my ear and said,

I blushed at the closeness and more people's eyes on us. “I mustn't find you missing, Maia.” He declared with that sexy voice of his.

“Hm. Yes.” I responded and tried to push Wyatt away due to fluster, but his hand held on to me tight, pulling me close to his body as if, like that, we would become one.

“I mean it, Maia.” He said in a husky, sexy voice that made me lose myself in it. How can his voice be so sexy?

'Oh my. I think I'm going to have a nosebleed at this rate. How did I just realize that Wyatt is handsome…' Maia began with a feigned lovestruck giggle.

Suddenly, she let out a curse: 'Our mate is furious at us; you solve him.' Maia uttered in panic and quickly retreated to the back of my mind. Leaving me to solve it.

Untrustworthy wolf!

Alpha Oswald strode toward us; he was putting on a dashing black suit; his hair was styled in a suave pompadour style coupled with a side partition, and a long fringe hair strand came down to his right eye giving him a bad boy look. He was holding a whiskey glass.
His eyes were pinned on Beta Wyatt and me. “Shocking indeed.” He uttered with a dark chuckle which sent a shiver down my spine.

My heart skipped a beat. I didn't know whether he was talking to me or Wyatt, but his eyes didn't fall on me.

“Rules are to be followed.” Beta Wyatt replied, his hand pinned to my waist.

“Is that so?” Alpha Oswald's gaze fell to my face and then to my waist, making me flustered.

I couldn't move forward, and I was unable to move backward. My leg feels heavy and firmly stuck to the floor, while my heart is pounding against my chest.

“And for those who don't follow the rules, what do you think should be served to them?” Alpha Oswald asked with an evil smirk plastered on his face.

“Maia.” Alpha Oswald called, purposely directing the question to me, which made my eyes widen.

I bit my lower lip, knowing that he was purposely setting a trap for me.

If I don't reply well, perhaps it will lead to Oswald kicking me out, which is something I didn't want, so how will I be stupid to fall into it?

I took a deep breath, raised my head, and plastered a calm smile on my face. “Leniency? Punishment? It depends on the stability, agreement, fairness, and the rule made before the action.” I replied confidently, not wanting to lose to him.

Beta Wyatt's lips curled up, and his hold tightened, making me blush. It was as if he wanted to make us all one.

Alpha Oswald's eyes darkened at my reply and the closeness between Wyatt and me. “Is that it?” He asked and took a sip of his drink, and I nodded to him.

“What if it's a big crime?” His eyebrows were arched.

“A detailed investigation should be made to balance fairness between the two parties. No one wants to offend the law unless the law is partial and lacks uniformity or the two parties didn't come to an agreement.” I retorted.

“Interesting.” A clap suddenly resounded, which caught our attention.

I turned to my right to see Alpha Hudson and Luna Queen Lena walking toward us. Beta Wyatt and I bowed to them, except Alpha Oswald since he's the Alpha.

“Beta, Wyatt, what a capable partner you find there.” Lena teased me and gave me a meaningful wink, which made my face burn red.

“That's my honor,” Wyatt replied calmly. It's such a wonder how his face is always calm and gives no emotions away.

“Maia looks so intelligent, isn't it?” Lorelei suddenly walked toward us while holding a wine glass, which she clinked with Oswald's whiskey glass before she clung to Oswald's hand with that gentle smile on her face.

'She finally noticed us and praised us.' Maia murmured with a scowl.

My eyes narrowed, knowing Maia was right: 'That's because of the Alpha King and Luna Queen's presence.' I replied

“Hm. Her mate will be a lucky person.” Lena teased me before she glanced at me with a serious expression: “You should be eighteen and should've come across your mate by now, have you?” Lena asked me.

I took a tentative glance at Alpha Oswald, and at that moment, his lips curled slightly in wickedness.

“Yes,” I said, and he stared at me with eyes flickering with anger. “However, he's dead. He was killed by a rogue when we were leaving. May his soul rest in peace.” I lied while faking being sad, pitiable, and innocent.

Alpha Oswald glared at me coldly, but I pretended not to see his gaze.

“Oh, so pitiful, isn't it?” Lorelei whispered and gave me a sympathetic gaze, almost making me tear her into pieces.

“You should consider staying with Beta Wyatt since you're both partnerless. They looked like a perfect match, don't you think so?” Lena teased.

“They don't.” Oswald cut in coldly before anyone could, making the harmonious atmosphere awkward.

“I'm here.” A tiny voice called, which broke the awkwardness in the air.

A lady and a woman who looked like the older version of Wyatt walked toward us, arm in arm.

The woman hugged Lena and then Beta Wyatt, whom she called her son, while the man shook hands with Alpha King Hudson, Alpha Oswald, and Beta Wyatt.

Beta Wyatt's mom turned to me and said, “I've been meaning to see the son my daughter saved...” Her eyes widened. “Oh! How come you look so much like her?” Beta Wyatt's mother exclaimed while eyeing me in surprise.

“I also said the same, Natalie.” Lena chirped.

I furrowed my brows, wondering who the two of them were talking about. Can it be that they knew Mom?

“However, she grew up with black hair; I didn't hear about her hair turning silver.” Natalie winked at me, and my hand subconsciously tugged at my hair.

My hair was once black before it turned silver. Could it be that they know me?

“How's it?” There was a trace of impatience in Lena's voice. Lena held Natalie, and they both began to walk away from us, Alpha Hudson and Beta Wyatt's dad doing the same thing.

“We arrived at the red flame pack too late. We were told that Filippa committed suicide. Her body wasn't found either. It had been swept away by the ocean under the cliff. Even after organizing search parties, we couldn't find her no matter how we and the Red Flame Pack searched.” She revealed something that made my eyes widen.

They know me!