Hurt Our Mate Bond

They both exchanged pleasantries before Luna Queen turned to me.

"You must be the new lady Wyatt brought in." Luna Queen says with a gentle smile and sits on the sofa, instructing Nancy and me to do the same.

My hands were stuck to my lap, and I nodded demurely. "Yes, Luna Queen."

"I heard about your circumstances; I'm sorry for all you've been through." She says patiently and grabs a hold of my callus hand with her soft hand.

"Thank you, Luna Queen." I appreciated, and withdrew my hand quickly. I don't want her to feel suspicious of me. I didn't mention myself as being a slave, so I don't want her to be curious about the reason behind my callous hands. The lies about my identity are enough; I don't want to make another one in case it becomes hard to cover up.

Luna Queen smiled and tilted her head. "You looked so identical to a childhood friend of mine. Unfortunately, she died a few years ago. She says and a trace of sadness flashes past Luna Queen's eyes.

My heart skipped a beat. 'It can't be that Luna Queen knows Mom and Dad, can she?" Maia asked me excitedly. I can see that she already likes Luna Queen, her mate's mother.

'I don't know, but it's likely not.' I frowned, feeling uneasy all of a sudden.

"Thank you, Luna Queen," I muttered with a slight bow.

"If you need anything, you can meet me for it." She says, and I nod politely once more, wanting nothing other than to leave the mansion.

The faint agarwood scent of my mate kept on tickling my nose, making me feel a bit jittery.

Lorelei looked at Luna Queen with a smile and turned to me. "Mom seems to like Maia a lot," Lorelei chirped in with a smile.

A slight frown formed on her face, but it disappeared quickly as if it never formed, making me believe that it was an illusion. Her hands were not leaving Luna Queen's hand.

"Right. She's cute and beautiful. Reminds me of my witty late friend." The Luna Queen replied, caressing Lorelei's hair. She turned to me with a smile and said, "You can call me Lena or Mom. Any of your picks."

I nodded with a smile and parted my lips to call her Luna Queen, but before I could, Lorelei stared at me and said, "Queen Mother likes you a lot. Unfortunately, we don't know if you'll be staying in the Power Axis Pack or not." Lorelei mentioned.

I clenched my fist hard. I don't know if it was due to my hearing, but I noticed a trace of sarcasm, and it made me wonder if Lorelei was mocking me or not.

But considering the gentle smirk on her face, I guess I was thinking too much. "I'll do my best to not get kicked out," I replied, and Lorelei nodded with a smile.

"Hope to see you till the end." She smirked at me mischievously.

I lowered my eyes and began to chant to myself to not lose my anger.

I was right; Lorelei didn't like me. Her words may have seemed harmless, but to someone like me who has lived among different scheming, I could see that she wasn't as innocent as she seemed. Somehow, she reminded me of Jessica.

"What are you hiding from me?" Lena asked us with a smile, interrupting my wandering thoughts. "Why is Maia leaving? And when will Maia's ceremonial ritual be held?" She asked with a delicate smile on her face.

Seeing Lena reminds me of my mother. Mom also likes to smile beautifully. She'll tell me, 'Princess, just know that we'll always support you no matter your…'

"Probably later or never." The familiar agarwood scent wrapped around me strongly this time, stirring me up like never before.

I tried to act as if I didn't notice Alpha Oswald's presence as he walked toward us, but his pressure was directed at me; he was purposely stirring me up. That jerk of an Alpha.

I clenched my fist hard and bit my lower lips hard to calm myself.

Yet Maia began to stir with excitement. "Our mate looks hot. Don't you wonder how his muscular hands would feel on our skin? Oh my goddess, I want to caress his ripped body so badly..."

I was trying to keep calm, yet my stupid wolf kept on riling me up. I growled at her silently and ordered her to shut up, only for her to lash out at me in return

"Mom. Sweetheart." Alpha Oswald called and placed a kiss on Lorelei and Lena's cheeks; his gaze was pinned on me.

I winced at the sight and tried to ignore the scene.

"Are you okay, Maia?" Lorelei asked me. I lowered my head and tried to nod.

A grin made its way to Alpha Oswald's face before he began to ascend the stairs.

"Oswald, come here; we have to talk. Will you mind telling me why Maia is leaving?" Lena demanded softly.

Alpha Oswald descended the stairs, he glared at me coldly as if I had tattled him before walking toward Lena. Luna Lorelei quickly burrowed herself into his embrace as he explained everything to Lena.

"It's just a test to prove she won't be of harm to the pack." He muttered responsibly.

I almost rolled my eyes, thinking that only if it was as he claimed.

"Then don't go hard on her, am I clear?" Lena asked, obviously believing Oswald's fake concern.

"Mom, Oswald will only choose what's right for the pack. If he thinks Maia isn't a good fit, he must have his reason, and for Oswald to propose a test, he must have his reason also." Lorelei muttered demurely, yet I couldn't help feeling like her words were directed at me.

It was as if she wanted to paint me black in front of Lena, and it made me wonder if Lorelei was really as innocent as the pack claimed or if I was thinking too much because of the things I passed through.

"You're right. That's why you're a good fit for Oswald." Lena muttered with adoration for Lorelei.

My heart broke at the words; even my excited wolf whimpered at the words, her happiness draining.

Tears pooling in my eyes

I stood up abruptly, stunning them. "May I leave?" I asked with my head bowed to hide the tears that were about to flow from my eyes.

Even if I wanted to deny it, the truth is that every single touch from Oswald and Lorelei would hurt me. It would hurt our mate bond, and I'll be the one to pay for it since Oswald doesn't intend to reject me.

"You may leave," Oswald muttered. I don't have to look up to see the sneer on his face. He must be so intent on sending me away. And perhaps breaking our contact then.

As long as I'm in the pack, he'll do everything to hurt our mate bond, which will further hurt me until I have no choice but to leave here

Without further ado, I ran out of the mansion. The last thing I heard was Nancy asking for permission to leave.