The Assassin, The Mentor and The Students

Começar do início

"Why do you call Tokaku the cold devil?" Jack asked Kaiba.

"Oh, I call her the cold devil because she is cold-hearted. And she was feared by most of the boys in our academy. Whenever she walks down a hall, the boys around will walk away or run away like a devil just crossed." Kaiba explained.

"Oh, we see. Tokaku is actually feared by many students here but they never run away when they see her." Epel said.

"Is that so? Did she threaten to kill someone with a knife?" Kaiba guessed.

Jack and Epel were astonished.

"That's true, but how did you know that?" Epel asked.

"When Tokaku first enrolled in our training facility, everyone there already knew her since she is famous as an heiress who came from an ancient assassin family among the assassins community. There was once a group of boys who tried to woo her because they wanted to marry into her family." Kaiba explained.

"A group of boys tried to approach Tokaku?!" Jack was shocked, listening.

"Tokaku, were you alright back then?" Epel asked Tokaku worriedly.

"I was alright back then, you don't have to worry." Tokaku replied, devoid of emotions.

"How can we not be worried when a group of boys tried to take advantage of a girl like you?" Jack argued.

"You guys are really worrisome. Like Tokaku said, you don't have to worry about her past encounters with those flirty boys. She taught them their place and made them eat dirt." Kaiba reassured, which made them taken aback.

"What did you do to them, Tokaku?" Jack asked the girl.

"I threatened them that I would cut out their tongues if they insisted on bothering me. They failed to listen, so I threw my knives at them. The knives stabbed their feet and the three boys cried out in pain, ending up in the nurse's office for a week and then having to take a prolonged break to recover. They will have to retake their courses next year." Tokaku explained.

Jack and Epel was out of words but not surprised with their friend's assassin instincts. Kaiba turned to his student, asking who she threatened to kill in Night Raven College. Tokaku replied that it was the headmaster who she threatened to kill, explaining her reason for it was because the scent of Crowley's high level magic triggered her feeling of being endangered so she acted to her assassin instincts. Kaiba did not react surprise or shock instead he laughed because he knew well that Tokaku, his former student, always act according to her strong instincts and her sharp sense of sniffing.

"Typical Tokaku." He guffed.

Tokaku appeared to be unbothered when her former mentor laughed at her though she was irritated, thinking of killing him if she had the chance to do it at a place where no eyes can see. Then, Jack interfered, cutting to ask if Kaiba had know Tokaku for a long time when they were at their original world. Kaiba answered that he had known Tokaku since before her first day at the assassin training facility as her late grandmother, the famous former assassin during the 70's, did met him when registering Tokaku at the place. They got along as mentor and student for four years, he told. Tokaku chimed in, telling that as if she get along with him.

"C'mon, Tokaku! You're my favorite student and admit it that I'm your favorite mentor from all of the mentors in our school." Kaiba said.

Tokaku turned, looking straight to her  mentor's eyes. " You're my least favorite mentor though you're the best in teaching." She said.

"Ouch! That hurts my heart." Kaiba acting to cry, dramatically touched his chest as if his heart had broken.

Jack and Epel watched the interaction of Tokaku and Kaiba, entertained by their conversation.