Gently pushing our way through the crowd, we stopped at the police tape and Dean asked one of the on lookers what was happening. "Some girl died. Lost a lot of blood" the person replied.

"Oh, yeah?" Dean sounded excited, but I knew that he was only acting to get the confidence of the person to ask more questions, "Do they know who did it?"

The guy leant towards Dean with a cheeky smile and said, "Vampires" before he let out a laugh.

Dean looked at the guy surprised, "What?"

The guy chuckled, "Not real ones. Some group going around faking vampire attacks. World's gone crazy if you ask me" he said before shaking his head and looking back at the scene.

"Yeah" Dean turned from the guy and met my eyes, "She's there, I'm going to call Cas" and he walked away looking at his phone for Castiel's number to call.

I turned from him and looked up into the alleyway, over at the dead body sitting up against the wall, watching as one of the officers covered the dead victim with a sheet, then I saw her. Y/N, she was talking with a guy, who from my point of view looked to be another Detective. He was laughing at something Y/N had said and I pulled my lip into a straight line, feeling the slight twitch on my upper lip and my nose flare as the jealousy hit me. Am I jealous? I frowned but shook off the thought and relaxed my muscles as I didn't want Dean asking me about my feelings.

Dean hung up his phone and stepped up behind me, "Cas will be here soon."

I glanced over my shoulder at him and said, "Good. Then you'll finally see that she isn't one of them."

His eyes didn't move from mine as he said, "Yeah, sure."

When I looked back, I met the eyes of the guy talking to Y/N and I saw him frown as he said something to her. He shrugged as he spoke again, still glaring at me. Y/N shook her head and the detective continued to glare and talk. Come on Y/N, turn around, look at me. I tried to will her to turn as I stared at the back of her head, trying to ignore the glare from the other Detective.

Suddenly she turned around and her eyes found mine, God, she's beautiful. My mind screamed at me, and I knew then that I hadn't been remembering her as she truly was. She was captivating and I could see from where I was that she was the same person I had saved last week. There was nothing different about her. Maybe that's what you're hoping?

* * * * * * * * * *

Y/N's POV

Thomas met my eyes and frowned, "What do you mean? Are you saying that this is real? Real vampires?" He held back his laugh.

"Of course, not" I hated him snickering as he was. I had made the mistake of asking about vampires and I guess Thomas made the assumption that I was asking about the possibility of vampires being real. Maybe I was? I needed to talk to someone about them, but now I knew Thomas was not the one I should be asking, "I was not saying that at all. That's crazy, right?"

"Yeah" Thomas turned from me and looked around at the crime scene. Suddenly he stopped and I noticed the frown creasing his forehead, "Isn't that the guy you questioned at the last crime scene?" Thomas asked as he was staring at the group of on lookers at the edge of the alley.

Sam? My heart seemed to burst as I felt the excitement rush over me. I wanted to look, but at the same time I didn't want to.

"Why would he be here?" I tried to sound dismissive.

Thomas shrugged as he stared at the group of people, or was it Sam he was glaring at? "Maybe he is a suspect?"

I shook my head, "No. He's not"