I sat on a sidewalk and just watched as the cars passed by, one after another. The temperature dropped to a nice cool level. I leaned my head back against the wall. Why can't everyday be like this? No monsters, no worries.

I was finally able to relax, after 7 hours. I closed my eyes and thought about Emma.

I really wish she was here. Well, I am seeing her later on tonight, but there is nothing wrong with wanting more. "I ve known you ever since we were little" How could I not remember....

Emma, Emma, Emma. I repeated her name over and over. Doesn't ring a bell. Wait...something is coming to mind. Huh? I lost my train of thought at the feeling of something warm against my arm.

I opened my eyes and finally caught the noise maker.....a baby fire wolf. It was covered in blood, patches in its fur, and bite marks over its body.

The baby wolf's paws light were going out and by light I meant fire. The tail was in the same condition. The wolf whimpered again.

I reached into my pack and broke off a peice of chocolate. I held my hand out, hoping it would eat. The wolf crept up slowly, sniffing the chocolate before eating. I watched as the wolf constantly licked its face.

I hesitated before picking it up. I could feel its heart beat increase. The bite marks were clearing up pretty quick. The wolf layed in my lap incredibly still and the fur begin growing back.

I petted the wolf until its tail became really bright, then all of a sudden it stopped glowing. My eyes grew wide.

The wolf popped up and looked around. Once turning to see my face, it made this weird sort of barking noise and pushed its head against my cheek.

I couldn't help but laugh. The wolf stared at me with a gleam in its amber eyes. "Sorry, I probably could've helped you earlier, but I thought it was just an annoying noise."

I ruffled up its gray fur and laughed. I raised up placing it on the ground. The wolf ran circles around me. It seemed really happy being around me.

What should I do? I squinted and looked it dead in the eyes. "So what should I name you girl." The wolf bared its teeth. "Ok, boy. Tell me what you like."

The wolf somehow nodded. "Risky." The wolf didn't react. "Heat." He growled. "Max." The wolf sat down and started licking his paw. "Blaze" I said with uncertainty. He barked and jumped.

"Blaze it is then, I'm Devin." I held out a hand. Blaze wobbled, while trying to give me his paw. After a couple of seconds he succeeded.

"You're pretty smart aren't you?" I checked my watch, only a couple of minutes has passed. "What do you say we teach you a couple of things boy." Blaze barred his teeth.

"I'm assuming you know the basic dog tricks. You're not a dog, and you're a fire wolf soo..."
I set my right arm on fire. Blaze squared up, ignighting his paws and tail. "Good." A fireball slowly formed.

Blaze stood his ground. I launched the fireball at him, he quickly side stepped and sat down. "Whoah!" I threw two more at him, blaze jumped back to avoid the first one, and leaped over the second.

"You're fast." Blaze barked and spun in a circle. I let out a barrage of fire balls, only for them to not hit its target. He dodged every last one of them with incredible speed. Blaze charged at me with his fiery teeth.