Prologue

WELCOME TO THE REWRITE OF MY 'Woman And Machine' SERIES!!!

I truly hope that you enjoy this remake of my story! There have been a lot of things that I wanted to fix after going over my first book. And welp...here I am doing just that. Expect more backstory...fluff....and most of all...slowburning hehe

ENJOY FRIENDS!!!
(this is similar to my first prologue, as I quite liked that)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Attention! Present halt!"

A very formally dressed male walked into a control room. A male and female, wearing a white mechanical suit stood straight, saluting the man, "Commander Stark, sir!" Both people greeted the man.

Walking to stand in front of the two, the finely dressed male spoke in a dark voice, "Today marks a new day soldiers! A new age of technology..."

The female's voice was soft and gentle as she looked at her commanding officer, "Are you sure it will work?" She asked worriedly.

Beside her the male scoffed, "You must have more faith in these engineers Thea!"

"I know Leland...It's just, we have a kid to worry about. What if something goes wrong with this, thing?"

Leland Bishop and Thea Shank, fiancees, soon to be married, were the first people to ever try out this machine. It required two people to pilot it, otherwise the neural surge would become too much.

The commander grunted, "It will work, and you'll go home to your kid. Now...let's give it a try."

Casting a nervous glance at Leland, Thea turned and started walking into the conn pod. Four people helped both of the pilots hook up. Which ended up taking a few minutes. Soon after though, the four people left and a bright glow ran through the conn pod.

"Miss Shank, Mr. Bishop, I thank you for coming in to try this today. May god be on your side..." Commander Stark's voice rang out through the small room.

Leland raised a hand and pressed the com-link, "Glad to be of service Sir!" He said both formally and enthusiastically.

Thea gave a small nod.

"Pilot to Jaeger protocols....initiating in fifteen seconds." A monotone voice rang out throughout the room.

"I hope you're right, Leland..." Thea whispered nervously, just loud enough for him to hear.

Leland chuckled, "Oh Thea, this will work! It's taken so long, but we finally have the perfect meld of man and machine!"

Before Thea could speak again, the countdown began...

Ten

Nine

Eight

Seven

Six

Five

Four

Three

Two

One

Drift Sequence Initiating...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Truly hope you enjoy this rewrite! Especially for those who have been with me since the beginning .

And I liked the original cover, so I just switched the gears around to the other side lol

Next chapter may remain short, but that's okay :D

YOU ARE AMAZING!!
DON'T FORGET THAT!!

love ya🩵
-brook