~Seventeen~

A Bluey New Friend.

What the fuck was that?"

"What's going on? "

They both chorused and then paused looking at each other trying to understand what the other was talking about.

"Stay away from her. "

"We need to talk. "

They both said at the same time and then stared at each other in loud silence.

What do you mean by 'stay away from her? "

What do you mean by 'we need to talk? "

The brothers recovered from their silent staring contest and went ahead to speak at the same time again. Dion glared at Eddy and Eddy huffed in frustration.

Dion raised his palm to silence Eddy so he could speak.

"We are grown-ass men,  you need to stop interrupting me when I'm talking. I am your elder brother. "

Eddy scoffed.

"You need to start listening to me because trouble is brewing. "

Dion regarded his brother with furrowed brows. What does he mean by 'trouble is brewing?'  Did his father call the police on him or did someone find out who he was?

"Esiri. "

His eyes darted to his brother sharply. "You can't call me that here, ever," he warned. "Dion. My Name is Dion. "

Eddy laughed.

"I see you finally accepted your true self,  God of wine and enjoyment,  Dionysus.

Eddy laughed.

Oh shut up and tell me what trouble is brewing, " he said trying to hide his smile.

Eddy grinned childishly at him infuriating him. Dion ignored him and went about taking out ingredients for a new dish he just learnt.

"so are you going to tell me about her? She is such a sweet girl. I didn't think you'd date a girl my age. "

Dion raised his head from the kitchen counter where he was trying to figure out if he could improvise on one of the ingredients.  He eyed his brother dangerously.

"she is twenty-three. She is older than you. "

"And I am twenty-two what's the difference? "

"A whole year dummy. "

"So is she your girlfriend? "

"No"

"Do you love her? "

Dion scoffed.

"I can barely stand her. "

Eddy smiled cheekily.

"That's a big lie. I see the way you look at her. "
Dion gestures with the spoon he was holding, contemplating if he should steal another tub of ice cream.

"How do I look at her? "

"Like you're not sure if you should strangle her or strip her. "

"Just up Eddy. Our parents raised us better than that. "

"Our mother you mean.  Dad's upbringing did more damage than good. "

Dion paused and watched his brother curiously. Does he want to vent about their father?  He knew they had bottled up so much growing up and he wasn't ready to hear his father's mistakes because he was scared he would relive those horrors they went through.