~Six~

~She Got a Blue Welcome.~

No one knew what a person facing danger felt unless one was in that same situation. Sapphire had never been In a situation where a fierce animal was charging towards her in anger and aiming for her face with its claws, as it bounds towards her in great strides ready to devour.

Terrified, she screamed as the huge thing stood to its full height before it was diving and tackling her to the floor.

Fear is somewhat like death, your whole life flashes before your eyes. Sapphire could swear that she saw her whole life, right from when she was born till that very minute when she was been attacked.

The difference is, fear gives you time to wish, regret and pray. So she thought about the husband she hadn't found, the hot sex she hadn't engaged in, the vacations, the food, the people, the children, everything she hasn't done, so she prayed as she landed on the floor, the soft rug cushioning her fall.

The paper bag holding the snack from the party was tightly clutched to her chest. The mean beast, just like its owner bared his teeth and was ready to sink it into her skin, actually the paper bag she was holding but Sapphire didn't know that.

"Fierce, get off the lady this instant," the senior beast said as he marched into the room. The dog growled, turning to look at its master still standing over Sapphire.

Dion glared at the dog and growling one last time, Fierce sauntered away from the scared woman.

"Now sit."

Josh who was behind Dion walked towards Sppahire to help her up while Dion watched.

His other dog, Ice struts in like a model on the runway.  Perching next to Josh who was crouched beside Sapphire, Ice uses its paws and nose to try to get the bag from her hand.

Sapphire released the bag and Ice walked back to Dion. They heard Firece growl.

"It's okay," Josh said to a visibly shaken Sapphire. "That's what he wanted also," pointing to the bag with Ice. "But he is just like his master. Aggressive and bad at communicating," Josh joked and Sapphire smiled shakily.

Josh helped her up and walked her to the couch in Dion's white and olive living room. It had two white armchairs, a white love seat and an olive couch paired with white and olive shaggy, the curtains were also done in white and milder shades of olive but the walls were her favourite. It was white but then he had pictures of the olive fruit painted on a straight, running through the centre, as a line separating the up and down part of the wall.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked and she nodded.

"Fine then you can see yourself out and don't ever come back here. Understood?" Dion said taking both Josh and Sapphire aback.

"What the hell man?"

"What do you mean by what the hell?"

"Your dog just attacked her."

Josh couldn't believe his friend's audacity to be rude when someone was attacked in his house.

"So? I warned her to stay off my property but her nosey self couldn't do that so serves her just about right."

Josh looked at his friend astonished. Since when did the man become evil?

"Tell her now, if she ever returns here, I will make sure Fierce finishes what he started. Fierce, Ice," he called out to his dogs as he walked out living Josh to deal with Sapphire.

"Please," Josh started to say but Sapphire had gotten off the couch and was making her way to the front door. Josh followed her trying to apologise.

"Please, tell him I am sorry for showing up unannounced. I just wanted to give him the snack from the party since he didn't show up. Mrs Plumptre sent them and she said to say hi." She finished and turned to leave.