~Five~

~A Blue Carpet Event.~

Sapphire walked into Mrs Plumptre's compound still slightly weak. Dressed in a casual sleeveless white dress with blue orchids all over, black sandals and her everyday chain with the beautiful stone pendant her mother had given her at birth, she pulled her box braids into an updo style because she couldn't handle it falling all over her.

She made her way to the back of the house where the get-together was happening. She could already hear the music and the slightly loud chatter of the neighbours. It smelt so good, and her tummy growled, wanting a taste of whatever aroma was in the air but she knew her appetite was holding a grudge against her at the moment.

As soon as she turned the corner, the one person she never wanted to see was right up in her space, shoving his person in her face and depleting the good oxygen, replacing it with air that smelt like his suffocating cologne.

Everyone knew him as 'Zoomer' because of his love for automobiles. He drove at such a breakneck speed that parents often fear he'd kill their kids or himself.

Rumour has it that he is a politician's only son of five children. His three older sisters and one younger sister lived with his mother on the mainland while his father travelled around the world.

His father bought the property at Roseview for him as his twenty-first birthday present. When he moved in, he moved in with his seven cars, three motorcycles, and many surfboards he doesn't even know how to use.

Sapphire chuckled mentally.

Stupid rich kid.

He tried to ask her out the very first day they met, he promised to buy her anything her finger could point, her mind could imagine and her eyes could see because he has the money. She has since been avoiding him like an infectious blight.

Most people in the neighbourhood detested him. He showed off his father's stolen wealth. He hosted loud parties and he has friends who looked more like they belonged in the prison than the streets.

"Hi beautiful," he greeted revealing all his seventy-two teeth because it does look like they were too much for his lips to cover.

Not that he doesn't look good, oh he does by most good-looking men's standards. He wasn't a six-foster but he wasn't short. He had a good body mostly from good genes because the retard never steps foot in a gym and he does more drinking and drugs than he does food.

Well except for junk food, because he was always at the 'Roseview Chicken Express' and he wasn't buying actual healthy meals instead he was buying burgers, fries, cakes, meat pies, beef rolls and other floury, surgery, fatty food. Oh, he was topping the junk off with all kinds of soda.

"Hi," she replied and started to walk past him. He grabbed her hand and Sapphire swatted his hand off her.

It doesn't help that he was barely twenty-one with a teenage boy's brain, yet he struts around like he was some grown man with the wisdom of a sage.

"Hey!" He was pissed Sapphire noticed. He was probably not used to people who do not worship him, since his father made it seem like he was the sun and the earth orbits him.

"No, you, hey," Sapphire replied. "Weren't you thought by those who manufactured you not to put your hands on people without their permission?"

"Who do you think you are? The queen of Roseview?"

Sapphire didn't make it this far with her ill health to banter with a delusional person, so she started to walk away again and this time Mr Zoomer didn't think twice before putting himself upright in her personal space, his face almost touching hers.