~Sixteen~

Man with a Blue-collar Job.

"So,  what are you cooking? "

Dion looked away from the sizzling pan to his annoying neighbour. She had been bugging him with questions since the previous day.

Can we still go for a walk?

Is that your father?

Was he angry?

Are you mad at him?

Did you enjoy the meeting?

Will you volunteer to be a part of the planning committee for the Christmas party?

Will you, can you, did you,  you you you you...

He was fed up. She had left only when he agreed to go for the usual evening walk by the beach with her and she went straight home after the walk because she looked spent. Only to return the next morning at seven.

She was sitting in his kitchen at the moment, munching on his apple,  asking him questions.

"Is this breakfast? "

Dion turned towards her and glared. She simply chuckled.

"You look cute when you do that. "

Cute. That was one word he had come to hate. Jess used to call him cute whenever he'd get angry and it was an easy way to get him flustered but now,  it was an easy way to get him to contemplate murder.

"So when is your brother coming to visit you again?"

Yeah, that was one more thing Dion was angry about. Because why the hell has she been talking about Eddy since the previous day?

Oh, your brother is so cute.
Look he called me snow white
He is so handsome and he is not grumpy like someone I know.

Dion scoffed as he finished seasoning the egg sauce he was making.

"Tell me about your brother. What does he do? Where does he live? Is he coming today?"  She rambled on as Dion finished up and turned off the cooker.

He fixed two plates of boiled yam and egg sauce and placed one in front of her.

"Oh, yam and egg sauce.  Nice, " she said excitedly.
Dion bit on his lower lip to hide his smile. He liked how excited she was about food. When Josh was around,  she had most of her meals with him and she was always excited about the meals but then she always had very little appetite.

"Eat, " he said and settled down to his meal.  She was looking a lot better than she did when she returned from her disappearing act.

She was no longer pale but she still looked skinny.  Maybe if he fed her some of his good food for a while she would gain a few kilograms.

Wait,  why was he bothered about that?

"So,  Josh said you own a gym."

"Yeah Josh says too much," he mumbled.

" When do you go there?  Can I  come with you?  Do you have female trainers?  The last male fitness coach I had was a brute he almost killed me. "

Dion rolled his eyes out of frustration but then paused and thought about what she said.

"Wait what do you need a fitness coach for?  You should be seeing a nutritionist. "

She gasped and then frowned.

"Are you trying to say I am Obesse? "

Dion choked,  coughing a little,  he reached for the glass of water and took a few sips as Sapphire chortled because her joke almost killed him.