~Three~

~ She gets a bright blue idea.~

Sapphire waltz through each aisle absent-mindedly. It's been a whole week since she dropped the peace offering with a heartwarming note, and the rudeness in human form, who happened to be her neighbour, was yet to reply.

She had thought he'd realised his mistake after reading her note and would come to apologise for being rude and walking off when he could have helped her up. She had hoped he'd realise she was just a nice girl trying to make friends and nothing else.

Everyone knew she was a nice person, well except Mr. Grumpy. He was the first person ever to treat her like she was a plague.

Yes, she grew up in a toxic family, but even they would vouch for her that she could never wish anyone harm or cause anyone trouble.

She believed that Mr Humpty dumpty grumpty sat on the wall, was hurting and in need of a friend.
Otherwise, why would someone so immaculately beautiful be that rude?

Sapphire scoffed.

Her mind was wandering to areas she had no business with when it should be focused on the important things, like why was he so angry? His good looks were the least of the problem.

Sapphire picked up another bottle of wine and placed it gently in her trolly. Her new best friend Mrs Plumptre, the elderly woman on Sunlane, knew absolutely nothing about him even though they were chummy. No one knew anything about him.

The other day, Mrs Plumptre told her he moved in a month ago and didn't open the door when Paul the policeman went to welcome him to the neighbourhood.

Although he spoke with Paul later on after a few run-ins at the local market, all he does now is say a simple hello and hi.

He was more friendly with Mrs Plumptre. Helping her with her bags and any other handy work she requires, and Mrs Plumptre swears she had only seen him smile once. A very forced and awkward smile at that.

Sapphire sighed.

He must be very sad to live such a secluded life. Maybe she just loved being a recluse.

Sapphire kept picking up items and dropping them in her trolley as she thought about the man who now occupied her thoughts for the better part of her days.

She didn't know when she turned the corner and found herself in the men's products aisle.

She laughed at her folly.

Was she going to buy saving cream? She wheeled the trolley around, turning to leave when her sight caught hold of something.

Something in a black tee shirt and grey sweatpants. sapphire inhaled deeply.

Something pleasant to the eyes and probably sweet to the tastebuds.

Sapphire gasped mentally.

Her mother would die of shame if she knew her daughter looked at a man and had such thoughts about him.

But then again, look at the man.

Damn, how can a human be this good-looking? This had to be illegal.

Even his lazy Saturday look looked amazing. He had his long hair in a bun. it looked recently washed. The flimsy tee shirt hugged his muscled arms, and the veins on his hands looked like they would pop if pierced.