~Twenty One~

Saving Bluey.

Is my anxiety developing anxiety?

Because why else was he so worried? Why was his heart racing uncontrollably like it was about to jump out of his chest and run down the road? At this point, he wouldn't even be surprised if his heart jumped out of his body and was knocked down by a car, because why the hell was his heart slamming against his chest like they were at war?

What the hell was he thinking?

Wait why was he feeling so anxious again?

Oh right, Bluey.

It has been two days since the incident and he still hasn't been able to see her,  all thanks to her cousin. He hadn't gotten any amount of peace since he returned from the fair.

Usually, he would drive rationally, not above the speed limit or below but on his journey back from the fair, he was neither rational nor in a right frame of mind. The number of drivers that flipped him the finger on the road could not be counted. A few of them had angrily cursed him for driving as if he was a learner.

He was in a hurry to get home and find out what happened to Bluey but he was also not in a hurry to find out what happened because he was scared. He thought nothing in this life could scare him anymore but as he drove back home, he wasn't sure of anything.

When he finally made it home, packed the car, and hurried to her doorstep, her witchy cousin was waiting for him. She snatched the key from his hands and thanked him grudgingly. when he asked if she was okay, she said a stiff yes and slammed the door in his face.

He had stopped by the next day on his way back from the gym and again the head-witch wouldn't let him see her. All she said was, 'Listen here, man. She is fine but she is busy right now. She has a deadline at work and would like to focus.' And Dion simply replied 'Oh'.

He didn't even know she worked. She was always around and about the neighbourhood,  no one would believe she had a job.

Now he wished he had pressed on until Ama allowed him to see Bluey, because it was day two, and no sign of Bluey or the head witch, also known as a cousin. He contemplated if he should go over there but decided against it because if Ama was still there he would simply turn him back.

Instead, he dragged himself to his study and continued to look through the documents his private investigator sent him.

***

"He has been sitting in that kitchen for three hours looking at your house," Ama informed her cousin as they ate their meal.

"Why are you spying on my neighbour? You've been sitting in that room all day hiding behind the curtains to aid your spying activities." Sapphire scolded her.

"You're just mad that I wouldn't let him come see you and I've refused to let you run to him like he is the oxygen you breathe. "

"No, I haven't seen him because I have work pending. My editor would chop off my head if he didn't get these articles before midnight."

Ama rolled her eyes so bad it almost fell into her skull.

"You can say whatever you like, but I am not letting that man anywhere near you. He stresses you out and then you skip meals and medication."

"Hey don't talk trash about him, he just became my boyfriend and he is a good man."

Ama choked on the water she was sipping; grateful it didn't sputter all over their meal.

"Have you gone mad? He is not your boyfriend. Men like that are too egotistical and narcissistic to date a girl like you."

"Hey, what do you mean a girl like me?" She asked offended. "I am beautiful."