~Eight~

~She Talks A Blue Streak~

Dion rubbed his eye as he walked back to his house. Josh must be waiting for him. They were supposed to be at the gym where he worked at 9, his first fitness class was at 10 yet here he was strolling out with a hurting eye from his neighbour's house.

The one who had somehow ruined his plans of solitary living the moment she moved it. He knew he had backed himself into a tight spot by agreeing to allow her to prove to him he needed a friend.

But he also knew how to get himself out of it. He's been doing it for three years now. She would soon realise that all he could offer was being civil.

He opened the door to his house to find Josh dressed and waiting in his workout clothes. He had a mask and face cap on and the sunglasses was sitting on the table with his phones. His headphones were so loud Dion could hear the music.

Josh gasped when he spotted Dion's bruised eye.

"Who the hell gave you a black eye or is it a pink eye because it's not exactly black and since you're dark skinned, it's hard to tell if it's red or..." He laughed leaving his words unfinished.

Dion shook his head pitifully at his friend and walked off to find ice.

"What happened? Did your new girlfriend hit you?"

"Dude you're not funny," Dion replied pissed.

Josh laughed harder.

"Okay, sorry man what happened?"

"Her sister hit me with a huge ass ring on her finger."

"She punched you?"

"What? No, she was going for a backhand but she is also pocket-sized. So she had to jump to reach my face. she missed by a breath and her huge ring cut me just by the side of my eye," He explained rubbing it.

He Didn't exactly feel the slap she had delivered, it was the ring that did the job.

"I thought it cut my skin and was bleeding but it didn't."

Josh laughed.

"So your neighbour is a softy like me and her sister is like you?"

"Hell nah, that girl talks a mile a minute, she is so annoying"

Josh cackled like a teenage boy listening to 'your mama jokes'.

"Well, serves you about right. You met the nice sister and you were mean to her, so the mean one put you in your place."

"I wish that was it. But your so-called nice one won't forgive me until I let her prove that I need a friend and she is the best friend anyone can have."

Josh smiled cheekily at his friend, annoying him.

"Wipe that nasty grin off your face before I do it for you. This is all your fault. I am also, almost late for work. Thank you, life ruiner and happiness crusher."

Josh gasped and followed his annoying friend out of the house.

Dion didn't talk to his crazy friend all through the drive down to the gym, even though Josh kept trying to cook up stupid scenarios that ended up with Dion and his neighbour falling madly in love with each other.

Josh had always been the dreamy one who fantasised about love and happily ever after. He was romantic and believed in love but that hasn't stopped him from being a flirt.

Stupid boy.

Dion glances at him and noticed the stupid smile on his face as he created another one of his pictures.