37

Ally

"Luna." A voice startled me awake.

Opening my eyes slowly I look around the room. Smiling when I see Daniel, his dark hair tousled from sleep. Running my fingers through it, his hands tightens on my hip, holding me close.

"Luna." I'm linked again.

"Micheal?" I link back.

"Febris is at the border for you. She wants to come speak to you." He informs me.

Groaning. I link May. "You here?"

"Yes, Luna."

Rolling my eyes internally, I shake my head. "Ally. I told you. Do you mind watching the boys? Get them fed and I'll bring them home when I get back."

"Of course.. Ally." She linked back quickly, her tone to chipper this early in the morning.

Slowly moving from under Daniel, making sure not to wake him, I slide out of bed. Throwing on one of his shirts from his side of the closet and a pair of spandex shorts from mine, forgoing a bra and undies, hoping to get back before Daniel notices.

"Gregg meet me at the border." I link, knowing he will be up.

"Where we going?"

"To see a friend. I'll meet you there." I close the link.

Tip toeing out of the room, closing the bedroom door behind me, I slowly make my way down the stairs. Peeking at the boys in the living room still all asleep, I see Boomer's head pop up when she hears me and she marches towards me. I slide on some sandals before opening the front door and nodding to the two guards I've grown used to. Boomer running out under my feet. "Watch her for me?"

Only getting a nod back, I start for the border. "I'm on my way." I let Micheal know.

Lost in thought two hands grabbing my shoulder startling me, taking the one in both hands I flip the person over my shoulder, their back landing with a thud. I realize it's Gregg and instantly feel regret. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" I gush, dropping down on my knees beside him.

Coughing, he rubs a hand across his wide chest, groaning. "I taught you well. You Moon Goddess Warriors are strong." Pushing himself upright.

Smacking his shoulder I stand up and offer a hand. "You scared me."

Greggs eyebrows pull together and he takes my hand, letting me pull him up onto his feet. "Why you so jumpy?"

Shrugging, I nudge my shoulder into his arm, pushing him forward. "Let's go."

"I never told you my guy got back to me." He whispers.

"And?" I look in his eyes.

"Same person, not human. Followed it to a bar known for a rougher crowd, then it disappeared." His eyes meet mine, all playfulness I usually see there gone.

Nodding, I look ahead and go over the new information. "You tell Daniel?"

Scoffing, he shakes his head. "That someone who stole your panties from your house, stole them from your cabin and hangs around rogues. No, that's on you now." Grabbing my elbow he stops us, turning me to look at him. "This is serious now Ally, you have to tell him."

"I will, tonight." I promise. Shrugging his hand off of me, wrapping my arm around his side, I start walking again.

"Febris is here, wants to talk to me. I missed her at the ceremony." I sigh, trying to change the subject.