𝟏𝟐: 𝐊𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Koi shak?" I turned to him. He looked at me up and down. "Very much" he said coming close to me. "You can continue from there too" I said taking a step back. "That's not fun." Fun? What fun does he want?

He's wearing a black suit, probably about to go to his office. "Your missing this." He said taking a pinch of sindoor (vermilion) from a small box in his hand and raised his hands to my hair partition.

I closed my eyes as he filled the sindoor in my hair partition. "You could tell me to do it myself" I mumbled as he stepped back. "Maa told me to do it myself" he said running his hands in his hair, looking in the mirror.

"Well, I want to ask you something" I turned to him. He 'hummed'. "Why is your mom treating me so politely? Like she's--" he cut me in the middle. "Because her wedding happened the same way." He answered.

"Same way?" I asked now quite sure what he meant. "My father was going to marry her sister, but at the time of marriage, her sister ran away. So she ended up marrying him." He cleared himself. I made an 'O' face. So she can relate me to her. "And one more reason"

I looked at him with raised brows. "What?" I asked. "Our priest called her the day before yesterday and informed her that mine and Aaliya's 'kundali' aren't matching, he made a mistake checking that first time. So maa even asked Mr. Singhaniya to break the marriage but he refused."

I walked downstairs finding his mother. "Here" she shouted from kitchen. I went there. Do I have to? Yes, I have to. I bent down and touched her feet, earning a bunch of Ashirwads' (blessings)

"You can make whatever you are comfortable making, and ask me if you have any doubt" I nodded. She smiled at me before going back.

Now? What do I have to make? Kheer! I'll try Kheer.

So...after the hard process of 45 minutes, I'm ready with my tasty, no very very tasty kheer. I served all the kheer in bowls. Arhaan came in the kitchen to take water. "Aaj lagta hai aaj maarne ka khayal hai" (seems like a planning of killing me) he mumbled drinking water.

"Sure Mr. Singhaniya, there's every possibility that I'll put poison in your kheer" I said earning a glance from him. "Atleast that won't be as bitter as your kheer" how dare him judge my kheer without even tasting it?
Now, he deserves a bitter one.

He walked out, and I took a spoon of salt and poured it in one bowl. Now he'll know what bitter tastes like. I just didn't chose the idea of putting a poison in it because I will have to go to prison.

I pinned the special bowl for my dear husband with my eye and placed all the bowls in a tray heading to dining area.

On the table, Arhaan's mother, father, chacha (uncle), Chachi (Aunt), Bhabiya, bhabhi, Vansh and Sanya are waiting. "Arhaan, where are you going? Come and eat." His mother said watching him leave house.

"I'm already late--" "come" He came and sat at the table. I smiled like a sweet poison giving him his special kheer and then served the others.

"Akshara, you also sit and eat, beta" His mom said. I nodded sitting and serving myself kheer.
Everyone started eating, except me,Arhaan and Chachi. I'm waiting for him to start and I think he's doing the same. No idea about his Chachi.

"It's amazing" his mother said. I smiled at her "thank you". After a moment, I took a bite and soon Arhaan also tasted it. I waited for his reaction desperately. But he kept eating it as it's the tastiest kheer he ever ate.

"When will this girl give our Arhaan divorce?" His chachi said and all the people on the table became silent. I waited for there reaction. "Tanu, Don't say the name of divorce in this house ever again" His Papa said making me chok on my food and coughing loudly. His mother offered me water.

"And she's not a this or that girl, her name is Akshara, Akshara Arhaan Singhaniya" I choked harder on this line.

"But I don't think it's good to believe this girl"he's chachi continued. I never had a chachi. Thankgod. I thought that those evil chachies just existed in tv but no. There's a 'jeeta jagta' prove.

"Then don't and keep your mouth shut and eat." His mother said. "How do you believe that she didn't put a poison in it?" I closed my hands in fist to control myself from standing up and make her drink a full bottle of poison.

"Then please, get up" This time, everyone became silent and looked at the man who said it. "Waah, waah, biwi ke aate hi rang badal liye" Aur aap jo naagin ban rahi hai?

(You changed your colours just after your wife came)

"Choro, Mai kyun khane ka apmaan karu?" She said taking a bite of kheer. Now, who's changing colours?

"Chii, She has put salt instead of sugar and you guys are enjoying?" I tried, I swear, I tried my best not to smile, but I did. But atleast I was able to stop the sudden burst of laugh.

I looked at Arhaan, who's staring at me. I know, he saw me smiling and he knows that I put the salt in her plate.

"Enough tanu, go back to your room. Now!" His mother yelled standing up. Poor Tanu Chachi, couldn't eat the poor kheer. She went out.

"Bhabhiiii" someone shouted from out and Arhaan's face lightened up. I looked at the door with a confused face to see 2 men running inside the house with their luggages.

__________________________________

Next chapter Tomorrow.

Thank you💜